23. Hidden Undercurrent

"Why do you ask?" Shi Yan asked curiously.

"I meet with a young servant with surname Yang."

*cough**cough*

Shi Yan coughed on the air. He looked at Wei Liuying with incredulous expression. "You... met with him?"

Wei Liuying frowned. "Yes. Is it that strange?"

"It is strange," Shi Yan said with certainty. "But then again, he's an eccentric man who love to roam around..."

However, Shi Yan abruptly stopped. He looked at Wei Liuying and noticed that her eyes flickered. Internally, he howled loudly. She must have realized something from what he said.

Wei Liuying smiled and stood up. "Thank you for the information, Young Master Shi. I have already taken your time too much. It's time for me to leave."

Shi Yan's face was sour when he watched Wei Liuying leaving. He turned his head to look at Manager Xin, who was busy copying the manuscript. "Manager Xin, why am I friend with this devious woman?"

Manager Xin arched his eyebrows. "Isn't it because you're stupid?"

Shi Yan: "..."

Can I kill you?

...

Wei Liuying walked out of the third floor. When she arrived by the second floor, she could see two people were walking up. The first man was wearing a mask that hide his countenance, but there was an air of authority that emanated from his large body. His tall frame and firm figure told her clearly that he must be a powerful martial artist. In addition, there was faint pressure that he emanated as if he had just engaged in a battle of life and death.

As for the second one, Wei Liuying recognized the smiling young man as Yang, the servant whom she met before. The two of them were wearing black and brown robes respectively that looked no different from commoners.

But she knew better than anyone how untrue it was.

These two didn't have ordinary identity.

Wei Liuying didn't dwell on the thought. She quickly retreated to the side and hung her head low. Since they were not dressed in their proper attire, it would do her no good to greet them. The two of them also only glanced at her once before they headed up.

Only when they had left did Wei Liuying lift her head. 'As I thought, your so called friend is actually Prince Ji Sheng, Young Master Shi. In that case, the one I met was truly Strategist Yang....'

Wei Liuying truly didn't know whether she was lucky or unlucky to meet the infamous Strategist Yang on the street. She didn't know much about him because of the limited information circulated about the two of them in the capital city. However, she still knew one thing or two.

For example, Strategist Yang was known to be an eccentric strategist with commoner background.

Or, Prince Ji Sheng was also a ruthless young man but he was a very capable general.

Pushing the thoughts to the back, Wei Liuying returned back to the first floor. Xiao Qing was still waiting patiently and she smiled when she saw Wei Liuying. "Miss."

"Let's go back."

"Yes, I'll prepare the carriage."

Wei Liuying glanced to the back once more, but she had no other thoughts to return back. In any case, she would rather go back and read more books rather than wasting her thoughts on unnecessary matters.

On the third floor, Shi Yan was stupefied when he saw the two of them entering the room.

"What in the world are you doing out here? What are you going to do if this store is blown up by assassins?"

Servant Yang, Yang Xian, shrugged his shoulder. "If they can come here, I'll be greatly surprised."

"What did you plant on the way?"

"I wonder."

Shi Yan shot a glare at Yang Xian and fixed his sitting position. On the other hand, Manager Xin acted as a servant as he prepared tea for the three of them. From their demeanor and attitude, it was clear that the four men had already known each other from a long time ago.

The first man removed his mask, revealing his handsome face. He had a defined face and strong countenance. Completely different from Shi Yan, who was beautiful, his face clearly screamed the word handsome. It wouldn't be a joke even if a lot of women in the capital city fell victim to his charm.

"Why do you come here, Ji Sheng?" Shi Yan asked.

If this was outside, he would have long been beaten up for addressing Prince Ji Sheng impolitely. However, the three of them didn't really care much about formalities when it was only them in the room. After all, it was not that important.

Manager Xin sighed at Shi Yan's lack of respect. However, this was common when it was only the three of them.

He silently prepared tea for the two new guests while Ji Sheng fixed his sitting position before he looked at Shi Yan. "I need you to hurry and establish the trade route with Xiong Tribe."