Cry baby

"You're test came back. It says positive Ms.Fields. You are pregnant." The doctor says with a smile.

"How? HOW COULD MY BABY GIRL BECOME A MOTHER HUH SHE'S BARELY 18!? Xaiya please baby tell me who did this to you hmm?" My mother said her voice cracking while brushing my hair soothingly with her fingers.

All I could do is cry. I didn't want to tell her the truth. To many things would be revealed, I just couldn't.

"Baby girl don't cry. Tell me who did this?" She said again. How sho- no how could I tell her she'll believe him anyways.
"Xaiya Fields tell me who got you pregnant right now." She said with a stern voice.

I opened my mouth then closed it. Pretty much making myself look like a fish. Sooner or later she would have to hear the truth. I chose now to tell her.
"M-momma please don't b-be m-mad."
"Of course baby tell mommy who it was and she'll deal with them." She said giving me a concerned look while caressing my cheek.

"I-it was Darcell." I said with a low voice looking down
"I knew I couldn't trust that fucking Ass licker of a nephew." She said clenching her fist.
_______________________________
9 months later
"One more push Xaiya you got this." The doctor said beginning to count
with the last of my energy I gave one last push. This day was always going to be my favorite.
Hearing the cry's of my newborn baby never made me feel so much emotion before.
_______________________________
3months later
"Hello I'm here to get a check up done for my son." I said to the chubby lady sitting behind the desk.
She looks up with a confused face and asks
"Okay first how old are you kid?" She says with her digging into my soul.

"I'm 18 ma'am." I say with confidence

"I need an ID to clarify that." She says holding her hand out

I sit the car seat down and pull the baby bag over my shoulder. Digging in the pockets for my wallet. Once I find it I pull it out and give her my ID.
"Okay Ms.Xaiya Fields how old is the munchkin?" She says handing my ID back.
"He's 3 months old and his name is Kayden Cross." I tell the woman before bending down to put kayden's pacifier in his mouth. Since he started to get fussy.
"Ok miss fields the next available doctor we have will be free in 30 minutes." She says looking towards her computer again.

"Okay thank you." I say and give her a small smile before picking up the car seat and finding a chair to sit in.
After 15 minutes pass kayden became fussy again. I decided to text my momma and asked her to come inside.
When she came and sat down I took kayden out of his car seat and handed him to my mother while looking for his bottle.

"Miss Fields? Xaiya Fields?" A tall white lady called.
"Damnit I was just about to feed him." I mumble before putting the bag on my shoulder and taking kayden out of my mothers arms.
I walk with the nurse towards the back. She informs me that the doctor is on his way and that I should wait a little.
I sighed frustratedly because this has already taken 30 minutes off of my schedule.

Just as I was about to dig back inside of the baby bag to grab the bottle a man stops in front of me and bends down.

"Excuse me miss, are you Ms.Fields?" He asks gently while looking at kayden who is looking at one of the nurses.

"Yes I am. You must be doctor.." I squint my eyes and look at his ID
"Conners" I say looking back up.

"Uhh yes actually. If you would follow me.." He said trailing off while straightening back up to his normal height.
I stand up and try to pull the baby bag over my shoulder but the doctor grabs it from me.
"I can carry the bag sir." I say reaching for the bag.
"No your hands are already full let me." He says taking the bag back from me