She was dying. That was a fact. A fact I needed to face and clearly she did too. Perhaps she already did.

A werewolf scratch is fatal to a pure human and from what we know of the woman, she was human. A woman who was clear affected and would die by the looks of it.

"Weather sucks"Cindy started making herself comfortable in the bed acting casual.

"I wouldn't know. I have been cooped down here"Ryan replied with an amused smile.

"Yeah sorry about that"Cindy said looking a bit embarrassed.

Even she couldn't pretend for long.

"I know what you're trying to do Cindy and that's sweet of you but it's okay I accepted it"

"I have no idea what you are talking about. I'm just trying to have a conversation with a friend"

"About the weather?"I snorted out.

Ryan gave me a smile over Cindy's head and I gave one back.

Cindy took Ryan's hand, turned to around to the palm was facing up and traced something on her wrist. She looked like she was concentrating on something. Her lips were moving like she was reading something.

Ryan and I shared a look but we didn't say anything.

Cindy tilted her head to the side before letting go of Ryan hand and placing it gently on the bed.

She looked at Ryan, I watched as Ryan gave her a small smile.

"You will be fine Ryan"she told my brother's mate.

Ryan's smile faded and she audibly swallowed.

"Yeah"Was all she said.

Yeah. Simple word but it said so much. And that. That completely broke me. Seeing her have no hope. Zero hope, accepting her horrible fate. It destroyed me but I couldn't show her any of it.

This wasn't about me. This was about Ryan and how everything went to shits just when things were getting good for her.

My brother was many things but if he loved you, truly loved you then he would make sure that you are happy. He loves his family. Even though he never told me, I knew he loved Ryan. With all his heart. If he didn't, he wouldn't be like he was then.

I had never seen my brother like this so I didn't know how to help him. I didn't what to say that would make things better and I was starting to understand that nothing I could say would make him feel better.

I knew my mother felt the same. We might be twins but Cameron was her first child. Her first baby and it was destroying her seeing him like this. She didn't like this for her son. I didn't like this for my brother or Ryan.

Everyone liked Ryan. We knew that she has this wall so high but we were working on breaking it down. We wanted in there because we could see the sweet within them. We didn't need X-ray vision to see what was behind those wall.

Ryan may hide behind a wall, and her shell may be thick but inside she was all soft and sweet. I saw a glimpse of it the last time I was there.

She was perfect for Cameron, it was like she was made for him. So this sucked double. Her dying. Us knowing what was happening to her and not being able to do anything sucked bad.

We chatted with her for a bit longer, she asked for Enzo and we had to make some lame excuse to why he wasn't coming in. She didn't like this. I knew it. Cindy knew it and Ryan knew we knew but tried to hide it with another smile anyways.