Twenty-seven

Phoebe

I woke up the next morning feeling sad. I had a dream that my whole family disowned me, and never wanted to see me again.

I tried to shake off the dream, but it was eating at me. I was truly scared that my mother and my sister would turn on me, like my dad.

I got off McKenna's bed. She wasn't next to me, I assumed she was eating breakfest.

I walked over to the door and exited out of the room, but stopped when I heard Adam and McKenna talking in the living room.

"Will mom actually accept treatment? She totally bailed last time." McKenna said to Adam. She seemed unsure.

"We will get a therapist and stage an intervention. Well, we can't have it here. So, I'll take her to the therapist office."

"Should I come to it?" McKenna asked.

"I don't know. Last time mom said some nasty things to you." Adam hesitated.

"True. I can't deal with that again."

"What about you take Phoebe out today? I'll deal with mom." Adam advised.

I blushed. I really wanted a day with McKenna. I just wanted to get away from all the drama.

"Yeah, I'll take her out to eat."

As soon as McKenna said that, I walked in. I acted like I didn't hear anything.

I yawned. "Good morning."

McKenna smiled at me. "Good morning. Up for an adventure today?" McKenna got up from the couch and made her way towards me.

I smiled at her. "Yes." She kissed me and then proceeded to make a disgusted face.

"Before we go, brush your teeth." McKenna laughed.

I shook my head. "I don't think you're ready for this jelly."

Adam laughed. "Get outta here. You aren't bootylicious."

I chuckled because of the fact that he knew I was making a Destiny's Child reference.

"Go brush your teeth. I'll make us both cereal." McKenna said as she grabbed two bowls from the dish washer.

I rolled my eyes and went into the bathroom to groom myself. Today was going to be another crazy day.