Chapter 22

April's P.O.V:

4:00 pm

"Alright, get him on the stretcher!" yelled Donnie.

Mikey had called Donnie earlier and he was ready for us. He met us in an alley with the Shellraiser. In the Shellraiser were Donnie, Rockwell, and an EPF medic. "Woah, you guys got the EPF involved?"

"He's one of the best medics they have. And besides, the EPF owes us more than enough favors to spare us their best medic for a bit," explained Rockwell.

 Casey, who was carrying Raph the entire time, set him down on the stretcher. "Alright, everyone get in the Shellraiser!" ordered Donnie.

Somehow, we were all able to fit in the Shellraiser, and we drove off.

--------------

4:15 pm

Donnie was driving into a tunnel. "Hey Donnie," I called out, "What exactly are we going?"

"We're going to a secret EPF base. They have better equipment that'll save Raph's life," answered Donnie.

'Wow,' I thought, 'The EPF is really coming through.'

When we entered the tunnel, we were stopped by a checkpoint. There were EPF soldiers with guns by the checkpoint. Donnie opened the side door and the EPF medic that we were driving with exited and explained the situation to the guards.

The guards looked at the Shellraiser and nodded their heads. They lifted the barrier that prevented us passing through. The medic entered the Shellraiser and Donnie began driving. I looked at everyone else. They seemed really calm, so I decided to follow their lead.

The road we were driving on began to slant. We were driving deeper into the ground. 'Jeez, the EPF have everything, don't they?'

We arrived into what looked like a bunker. But an enormous bunker. I was seeing tanks and all sorts of military grade weapons through the cameras of the Shellraiser. "Woah, do you guys see this stuff?" I pointed to the screen.

"Oh, um, friends, I must warn you. This location and its possessions are highly confidential. So, do us a favor and don't tell anyone," warned Rockwell.

I put my hands up. "Sure thing," I complied.

"No probbles," said Mondo.

The other nodded  in agreement.

The medic was telling Donnie where to drive. When Donnie reached the destination, he got up from his seat and said, "Thank you guys. The EPF will take it from here."

Three EPF soldiers entered the already cramped Shellraiser. They hefted Raph who was on the stretcher and carried him out. "Rockwell and I will be staying and making sure Raph is okay. You guys however can't stay, okay?" Donnie clearly wanted to make sure we were okay with this, but looking around, it was clear no one wanted that. "But wait, why can't we all stay here?" demanded Mikey.

"Yeah! Why is that?" Casey agreed with Mikey.

Donnie sighed, "Guys, I know you want to stay, but there's no where for you guys to stay. Rockwell and I are staying because we're gonna be helping with the surgery."

"No where for us to stay? Simple, we'll just stay in Shellraiser," suggested Mikey, rather aggressively at that, "We don't mind, right guys?"

"Nope," I was quick to respond.

"Not at all," jumped in Casey.

"We got nowhere to be," added Mondo.

"Well what about Leo and Master Splinter? I'm sure they'd want to be here too. You guys willing to go drive back and get them?" questioned Donnie.