Chapter 15

Leo's P.O.V:

8:30 am

When I woke up, I instantly put on my gear. Today was the day we save Mikey. I left my room to see Raph, Donnie, and April already chatting in the livingroom, er, Central room. Donnie was wrapping some stuff over his knuckle, April was putting on some boots, and Raph was stretching. 

"Hey guys, where's Splinter?" I asked.

"He's in the dojo meditating. He said to come get him when we leave," answered Raph.

I nodded. I turned on my T-phone and called Slash. "Hey Slash, were you able to complete the first part of the plan?"

A gruff voice responded, "Yep, the DNA trackers are good and ready to go. Rockwell's computer is analyzing the data retrieved, so hurry up over here so we can devise a plan."

"Got it, we're on our way," I hung up my phone.

I turned to everyone else. "C'mon guys, we got to get there as soon as possible. Someone go get Splinter please."

"I got it," called out Raph.

As Raph left, Donnie blurted, "Guys I can't come right now."

April and I frowned at him. "Then why are you getting ready with the rest of us?" asked April.

"And weren't you the main one who was urging everyone to save Mikey and Leatherhead?" I added.

"Why tell us now?" questioned April.

"Because I'm still working on one more invention. It's like a forcefield, but instead of superpowers, it's super science. And it's better than anything we've ever seen.  Anyway the point is, I'm gonna have to stay for a little while longer. I'll just catch up with the Stealth Bike.

"Okay, makes sense I guess," I said.

Donnie headed into his lab while April and I continued doing our own thing. Raph and Splinter came out the dojo. "Um, sensei, aren't you gonna get geared up?" asked Splinter.

Splinter had no armor on whatsoever, so he was pretty vulnerable. "No thanks, I don't like the way they feel. And you guys aren't wearing anything either."

"Well our shells are already resistant to the Kraang lasers, and we can handle any other weapons they have with close range combat," said Raph.

"Yeah and the clothes I'm wearing are made out of Kevlar polyester, thanks to Donnie," added April.

(A/N I'm not sure if Kevlar polyester is a thing, but let's pretend it is.)

"But that's your normal clothing," said Splinter.

April clicked her teeth, "Exactly."

"Splinter, wherever they're keeping Mikey and Leatherhead, they probably have a lot of Kraang guarding them. You can get hurt," I warned.

"Oh please, Leonardo, I'll be fine. I may be old, but I'm very nimble," assured Splinter.

I was hesitant to make him stay here. If he won't wear protection, then he might get hurt, or worse. But, he is a master of the martial arts, so he must know what he's doing. "All right, fine. Donnie's not coming with us right now, he has to finish building an invention for us. But don't worry, he'll catch up."

With that, we all entered the Shellraiser and headed over to the lair.

--------------

Leatherhead's P.O.V:

Time Unknown

It was the next day. I couldn't tell, since this place had no windows, but it certainly felt like the next day. Michelangelo and I barely got any sleep. We're both on edge. Kraang subprime said he was gonna shut down the EMP at the Mighty Mutanimals' lair and destroy all our friends. Could he do it? We're not sure. But he also said he'll kill Michelangelo and I, and he can most certainly do that.