xvii. kill or be killed

Start from the beginning

Maya made her presence known as well, as she appeared in a hazmat suit.

"It's all right." Jasper assured Octavia. "She's with us."

"Where's your army?" Bellamy questioned Clarke from a few feet away.

"Gone. Just like yours." She deadpanned. "Say you have a plan."

"Not really. We need to talk to Dante. Maya says he's in quarantine."

The blonde nodded, and they were all about to move when they suddenly heard Maya's oxygen tank begin beeping. Jasper rushed over and checked the amount of time she had left.

"Thirty minutes." He mumbled in confusion. "No, we just changed it. That can't be right. Uh...t-this is her last tank." He informed them all anxiously.

"Okay, we'll find you another one." Clarke assured the Mountain Girl, but Maya shook her head.

"All of the supplemental oxygen is on Level Five."

"Then we have to get you to Level Five." Jasper cut in.

"Five isn't safe for any of us."

"We'll take the trash chute again. It'll work."

"To get in maybe." Bellamy stated. "But Maya's right, every soldier in this mountain is there. We'll never make it out."

"We can do this." Jasper whispered. "We'll split up."

"Okay." Octavia chimed in, and faced Clarke, Monty, and her brother. "You guys go for Dante. We'll help Maya."

When everyone agreed, yet still a little hesitant as to what to expect once inside the mountain, they all entered through the door and parted ways.

_________

As Lexa and her warriors left the war, they made it safely in the deeper part of the woods, before stopping to rest for the night. Lincoln was unfortunately held as a prisoner until they made it back home, so he was tied down to a tree and guarded by one of Lexa's men.

"Ai na goch yu setness op. Ron yu op bida riden." [I'll watch the prisoner. Get some sleep.] Indra stated, walking closer to where Lincoln and the guard were.

Once the man nodded and left without a second thought, Indra stood by a miserable looking Lincoln as she made sure no one around was looking over at them and hearing their conversation.

"How could you do this?" He muttered.

Indra kept her eyes ahead as she spoke to him. "I swore loyalty to this commander." She replied.

"She left our allies to be slaughtered. My sister's friends. She dishonors us all."

"And your disobedience dishonors you."

"Why are you here, Indra?" He got straight to the point.

"Because you are also Trikru." She stated, kneeling down beside him.

"I can't just let the girl my sister loves die." He gritted. "Kota would never forgive me."

"Under the terms of the truce, the lands surrounding the mountain are forbidden. If you violate this, Lexa will never take you back." She warned, before she nonchalantly stabbed a knife into the dirt beside him. "Octavia made her choice. Now you make yours."

And with that, she was gone. Leaving Lincoln to notice the weapon that she left, which he wasted no time in grabbing. He was going to help Skaikru, and get Justice for his sister. No matter what his fate with Lexa would become in the process.