xvi. deals with devils

Start from the beginning

"Forty-five seconds!" Miller shouted over the gunfire.

"Swap emo triga op! Gyon au!" [Flank the shooters! Go!] The Commander ordered some of her men, and the warriors instantly obeyed. However, they didn't make it very far before they were shot down.

"If I can get there, I can trigger it manually." Miller stated amongst the chaos.

"No," Clarke stopped him. "You can't get there."

"For Nate, I have to try."

Clarke nodded reluctantly and Lexa quickly ordered some warriors to cover him.

"Bloka wo! Nau! Teik em gon dou!"

They immediately obliged and set up a makeshift shield, with each one of them using large pieces of metal as shields from the bullets. Miller got in between them, and they all covered him as they slowly made their way closer to the door.

"Thirty seconds!" Clarke called out.

Sadly, one by one, the warriors were shot down. Somehow, the gunmen either shot at their exposed feet, are at any other open area on their bodies. Eventually, all of them were down, including Miller, and Clarke grew anxious.

"We'll find another way in." Lexa tried calming her, but she shook her head in denial.

"There is no other way in. You know that!"

"We don't need one." Lincoln cut in, as he lit one of his arrows on fire.

Clarke quickly caught on to what his plan was, and she quickly alerted him of the time. "Ten seconds."

Lincoln shot up from behind the rock, and pulled back the arrow in his bow.

"Five seconds!"

The grounder took his aim and held his breath...

"Four...three...two..."

Lincoln released the arrow before she could even say one, and it instantly hit the target, causing the bomb to explode and blow the lock on the door.

"It worked!" Clarke rejoiced, though slightly out of breath from worrying so much.

"We need to get to that ridge and take out those shooters." The Commander noted. Lincoln stood up without hesitation but Lexa pulled him down. "No! You stay with Clarke. When the shooting stops, you get that door open!"

When Lincoln and Clarke both nodded at her words, the warrior quickly shot up, and ordered her men to follow her.

"We found it." Octavia sighed, once the back door to Mount Weather was in their line of vision.

"You found it." Indra corrected her. "It appears we didn't need Dakota after all."

"...Thank you."

"You've done well, Octavia.." The warrior complimented her. "...kom Trigedakru." [...of the Tree People.] She added.

"What does that mean?" Octavia wondered, but Indra gave her a look.

"What you think it means."

"I think I wanna hear you say it."

"You're one of us now." Indra clarified for her, and the brunette was truly at a loss for words. She had finally felt like she proved herself, and it was a big moment for her. She appreciated the fact that Indra strengthened her skills, more than the warrior women could ever know.

__________

"Lincoln..." Clarke warned, as the man cautiously stood up from his hiding spot. At this point, the gunfire stopped, and the flying bullets were no more.