xvi. deals with devils

Start from the beginning

"What? We did? When?" Monroe questioned, with worry in her eyes.

"After he took out the acid fog."

"Bellamy's a warrior." The Commander cut in. "He'll be fine.

"As the Commander said, once the door is open, the shooting will start. And they'll throw everything they have at us. But that's what we want. We want them looking at us. Because while we're fighting at the front door, Indra's team will be escorting the prisoners out the back, right through the Reaper tunnels. Once all our people are free, they'll sound the retreat. We'll be back home before Mount Weather even knows they're gone. And that's it." She concluded. "That's the plan."

Lexa then spoke up once more, as she addressed her people. "The mountain has cast a shadow over these woods for far too long. They've hunted us, controlled us, turned us into monsters. That ends today! Thanks to our alliance with the Sky People, the mountain will fall. As Clarke said, we spare the innocent. As for the guilty..." She smirked, before restating the never ending words that her clan lived by. "Jus drein jus daun."[Blood must have blood.]

At that, all of the people joined in, and together they chanted the same words as they all hyped themselves up for what was about to come.

"JUS DREIN JUS DAUN! JUS DREIN JUS DAUN!"

___________

"According to Dakota's map, we're getting close." Octavia spoke, as her team made their way deeper into the Reaper tunnels. Indra and the others looked around the area, and noticed all of the possible directions to go in, which confused them greatly. "It's a maze." The brunette sighed. "Kota should be here to show us the way."

"She wasn't ready." Indra instantly replied. "Even if she wasn't wounded, she still wouldn't have been able to come back to this place. And I wouldn't have expected her to."

"You know, it really meant a lot that you forgave her."

"She earned that." Indra brushed her off, before they all proceeded to walk in the correct direction. "I've known Dakota since she was a child. She always questioned our ways. But if she ever chooses sides against the clan again, not even her bravery can save her."

Before Octavia could respond, a distinct sound came from behind them and one of the guards from camp began shooting his gun aimlessly. "Stop shooting!" She immediately demanded.

"The Reapers are not the enemy!" Indra bellowed, quickly pushing the guard's gun down.

When it was silent once more, and nothing appeared from where the noise came from, Octavia then turned to face the guard. "We don't kill them unless—" But before she could finish her sentence, Reapers had caught them off guard and came rushing over to attack them.

"NOW!" Jackson shouted, and the team instantly lifted up their homemade tone generators—courtesy of Raven—and clicked on the frequency, causing the Reapers to immediately fall to the ground. While they were distracted, the young doctor then ordered them to take out their tranquilizers, and aim for the Reapers' jugulars.

Once all the the crazed grounders were unconscious, Octavia then told everyone to secure their hands and feet.

"Well done." Jackson commended everyone. "They'll be out for a while. We'll come back for them."

"Let's go." Indra stated. "We have to find that door."

Meanwhile, Monroe was just finishing drilling a medium sized hole into the front doors of Mount Weather. Clarke and Lexa, as well as the rest of the army, were all watching and waiting for her to do so. "That should do it." The redhead stated, once it was complete. "Bombs away."