c h a p t e r 7: Perfection

Zayyad

Leila is a light-skinned beauty, she is that kind of girl that shouldn't be in a committed relationship because she doesn't understand the term. She is a classy thicc girl with light-brown innocent orbs, just like mine. A spec.

Her five-foot-two-inches figure was born to be with Seun's six-foot-one-inch figure, both of them together would have you commenting "God when?" on social media. Now, hearing that such a girl who Seun looked at with so much admiration and love was cheating on him with his boss, does not surprise to me, because like I said earlier, she's the kind of girl who doesn't understand the term 'committed relationship'.

"Seun, calm down. Breathe." I repeat for the third time.

He exhales and inhales. "Someone said she fucked my boss sometime in August last year."

"Yes?" I urge him to continue.

"I couldn't believe it and I still can't believe it, but there are pictures," He explains further, "I love her, and I don't mind taking her back because whatever she did, it's my fault."

Huh? "How's it your fault?"

"I wasn't giving her enough money. If I had enough cash, I'll give it to this girl. A good salary raise and I'd be able to give her what she wants and needs. It's my fault!" He hits his left thigh and I just watch him with creased brows. "My fault!"

Uh, what's going on here?

"I'm very confused and this could mess me up at work tomorrow, I can't look my boss in the eye with the knowledge that he has put his filthy fingers on her body, and I'm sure I wouldn't be able to concentrate at work. I'm emotionally drained." He buries his face in his palm, and begins to sobs, shaking violently.

"Calm down. You know what, when you see this man, punch him in his face and knee him where the sun doesn't shine, then leave the rest to me, I'll beat the old thing to stupor, abin da ya yi kuwa shara ne!" I lowly yell. [what he has done is rubbish]

"I don't understand whatever you just said, but you're not reasoning in an employee way...who beats up their 'boss'?"

"Seun, beat the man up, I'll back you up. Beat him and quit. There are jobs everywhere, he's not the only on–"

"Guy, I was feeling you until you said there are jobs everywhere, not here. This is Nigeria, is it that you don't know abi you just forgot?"

"You have me. With me, there are jobs everywhere. So do the needful and like I said, I'll back you up,"

He sighs. "It's not happening. I'm not gonna beat the man up, he's like a father to me,"

I'm taken aback by the trash Seun has just spewed. "Father that fucks his son's girl?" I humorlessly chuckle, "I'm guessing since you take him as your 'father', your girl should've been like a daughter to him, yeah? This is real clown shit,"

"So, I should go and beat him to show that it's not real clown shit? He's my boss, I guess you can't relate cos' you're never gonna have to be under someone and work for a salary," His words slightly sting me but I shove it off before it dilutes because he's hurting right now.

"I'm not saying you should beat him up, okay? I'm just saying that's what he deserves. As for Leila, don't take her back, she could do worse things in the future, but I'm not one to take relationship advice from because my emotionally damaged ass has been single for four years now," I cackle dryly, "so, if at all I give any advice, it'll be out of anger for women.

"But, if your mind says take her back, then listen to it. I feel like you should have a face to face talk with her, maybe tonight, I don't think it's too late, is it?"