34. Office

In the evening, Manik picked Nandini from her office and went to her mother's place. Nandini immediately hugged her mother once she opened the door.

"Oh my god...!! Itna sara pyar...!!" Shobana chuckled and Manik bent to take her blessings. She smiled and took them inside.

Once they exchanged all their well-beings, Manik excused himself to attend a business call. Nandini took out her first salary and forwarded it to her mother to which she was surprised.

"Nandu...What is this...!?" She asked.

"It's my first salary Maa...This is for you..." Nandini said happily with a tinge of pride in her voice, as she fulfilled her dad's wish.

"But beta...Why are you giving me this...?? You could have taken some thing to Manik and everyone at home right...!" Shobana said being concerned because of her decision which is making her as priority even after being married.

"Maa...I have talked to everyone...and I am actually lucky to have such wonderful husband and in-laws...They don't have any problem Maa...and...moreover, I have already decided to give my salary to you..." Nandini said.

"But still Nandu...It's not correct...You shouldn't be doing this...you are married bacha...You should be more responsible towards your home beta..." Shobana tried to put her thoughts. (Old generation thoughts - #NoOffense)

"And isn't this her home anymore Maa...??" Manik asked hearing the statement. Nandini smiled seeing him as she knows that only he can make her mother understand and Shobana too listens to him when he explains.

"It's not like that Manik..." She tried to say something but he interrupted saying "Maa...Please...You have right on her, her salary, her decisions and every thing Maa...You gave her to me...It's my responsibility to take care of her...But still she is your daughter and it will never change Maa...Why don't you understand...??"

He sighed seeing Shobana still with the same expression and continued "Fine Maa...Let me ask you one simple question...If Nandini were a boy, and if your son is offering his salary to you, will you do the same...?? Will you say the same to him to give to his wife and in-laws that they have whole authority on it...??"

Shobana nodded her head in a no slowly, lost in her thoughts.

"Then why her Maa...?? Why are you saying this to her then...?? Just because she is your daughter...?? Or she isn't your daughter anymore but someone's wife and someone's daughter-in-law...??" He asked in a serious noter because he didn't like the perception of their thinking.

"Manik...Not like that beta..." She tried to say but she was in loss of words.

"Please take it Maa...Aapka haq hai..." He said with a smile and held Nandini's hand and both forwarded it to her.

She looked at them again and Manik blinked his eyes in assurance, to go ahead. She smiled and took it and kissed Nandini's temple and said "I am proud of you Beta..."

Nandini smiled to the fullest and looked at Manik who was admiring their bond and mouthed 'Thank you' and he blew a kiss making her blush.

They had their dinner and spent some time talking. When Manik was busy on call, Shobana took Nandini inside and gave half money from what she gave.

"Maaaa" Nandini took her hand back in reflex but Shobana made a serious face and said "Chup...Ek dum chup...I listened and agreed to both of you na...Now take this...I will keep half with me...You take this and gift something to Manik and your in-laws....Please mana math karna beta..."

"But Maa...I thought to give full salary to you..."She whined making Shobana sigh.

"Nandu...I will take it next month ok..?? So for now, please..." She said to convince her and kept half money in Nandini's hand.