(◕▾◕✿)

1006 a

1006 a.d.

"I think I finally have you in a checkmate," Stark observed.

"Congratulations," I praised him. "It was about time."

"You're very hard to predict."

"I've been told that before." I looked around his stone house. He and Lilynette had built it a couple centuries prior so they could organize and protect the massive amount of games that they had procured. Lilynette had spent the past century mastering programming, drawing, and writing, so she could start making her own games.

I'd start marketing them in 2005 for her so she had plenty of time to make it. I warned her she had to match technology for the time line, which was going to be hard for her to do but not impossible. She literally had almost a thousand years to do it.

Stark was perfectly happy sticking to strategy games and reading books I had brought him. He had quite the underground library.

"You can do other stuff than wait for me every week," I pointed out to him as we put away our hand carved chess pieces. "You and Lils are plenty strong enough to take over Hueco Mundo."

"But why bother?" Stark shrewdly retorted. "You've complained an awful lot about Soul Society and dealing with the politics behind it."

"Yeah," I agreed with a sigh. "To be honest it's a struggle not to slaughter the noble families."

"Why don't you?" he asked me for the hundredth time.

"Too much of a wild card. I could probably compensate for it, but it'd be such a pain in the ass."

"More so than dealing with them for another thousand years?"

"Dunno," I admitted. "Maybe not. But I've learned not to piss off Storyteller too much 'else everything goes wrong. Like my baby girls not being born or coming out stillborn."

"Baby girls?" Lilynette had entered the makeshift living room. It was literally a big empty room with a table to play board games, and surrounding chairs.

"Yeah, you'll meet them both soon enough. They aren't born yet." I told them. I pulled out a pocket watch to check my time.

Time travel was wanky. I wasn't a Time Lord. I had Time's Blessing, which acted as a permit, but there were still things I could not do. The time I was in was marked as my Present, and I could only go so far back from the Present. I could go to the Then and back to Now without fuss, but the Before was dangerous to mess with. I could stretch it to maybe an hour, but anything more would risk damaging the timeline I resided in.

Worst case scenario I'd have to force detonate the dimension I was in and restart in an alternate. Damaged timelines were dangerous business. They were akin to a plague on time itself and could infect and hurt nearby streams. If enough timelines were infected they could congregate into a Glitch which was bad news for all the multiverses. Then the tenth-dimensional beings had to get involved and whoa boy what a mess that'd become.