March Is Here

It’s been two weeks since Mike’s birthday bash or whatever you want to call it. The good thing is it’s finally March. Not March the 1st but three days after the 1st, it’s March the 4th and my birthday is two days. I haven’t planned a thing though. I need to get ready for school while I’m thinking about my birthday. I hopped out of bed and made a beeline towards the bathroom. I did my normal morning routine but without the make-up and my hair is in a neat bun. I went to my closet debating on what to wear. Well there isn’t much I can choose from, I wear uniform Monday thru Friday, but its spring and hot. I pulled out my Khaki pencil skirt and a white button up and put that on. Now for my shoes, let’s see and my Marc Jacobs nude pumps. I grabbed my MK purse, school books and notebooks, and waltzed out the door.

“Morning Karen, how are you?” My mom asked as she sat a plate of pancakes in front of me.

“I’m good mom and thank you. How are you?” I asked her as I started eating my pancakes.

“I’m great baby doll, I graduate on April 6th and I am ready.” She said and I saw a happiness gleam in her eyes.

“Do you have your speech ready?” I asked her as I washed my plate.

“Yes, that’s ready. Now I don’t want you to be late for school baby. I love you.” She said as she kissed my cheek and fixed the collar of my shirt.

“I love you to mom.” I said and gathered my things and was out the door. Once I got to school; I didn’t have time to associate with people. I was running late already. I went to Biology and handed in my research paper. I was officially done doing work for Biology. Our grades finalize on April the 12th. So now I just sit in all my classes listening to music except chorus. We’re practicing for the spring concert. I gathered my things just as the bell rung and went to the attendance office to turn in my books. Once that was finished I went to Math and sat there again, but I wasn’t by myself. My whole AP class finished our work early and our grades are finalized. I went to lunch after Math. Well technically to my car.

“Karen, come on we’ve been waiting for you.” I hear Reggie yell out as everybody hopped in Mike’s jeep.

“I’ll follow you guys.” I yelled back and got in my car and hooked up Pandora one to my radio. I turned to Ciara’s station and Never Ever came blasting through. I reversed and followed the guys to Yeah! Burger. My music was still playing and it was Wiz Khalifa Initiation. I heard somebody knock on my window just as I grabbed my purse out the passenger’s seat and took my keys out the ignition. I grabbed my phone and got out.

“Well damn Karen, it took you longer to get out the car.” Trevor said and I laughed.

“I’m sorry guys.” I said as I walked into the group hug they all had been waiting for.

“Alright let’s eat, I’m hungry.” Demarcus exclaimed and I laughed.

“Karen’s paying.” Christian said and I looked at him.

“Says who?” I asked sassy with my hand on my hip.

“Mike did before we got here.” David said as we sat at the table and I looked at Mike and he wouldn’t look at me.

“Let me talk to you outside Karen.” Mike said and got up from the table. We walked outside and he had an angry expression his face as he looked down at me. “You nearly maxed out my credit card. I got the bill yesterday. Do you even know how much you spent?” Mike yelled out at me and I flinched and backed away from him and I shook my head no. “You spent $6, 5889.50 dollars. Are you fucking kidding me? What the fuck did you buy?” He asked while yelling.

“C-clothes and s-shoes.” I stuttered out and he laughed menacingly. 

“C-clothes and s-shoes.” He mimicked me. “You know what I’m not even about to beat your ass. Give me your credit card.” Mike said and I just stood there like a statue and he snatched my purse of my arm, leaving me to rub the pain away. He took out my black card and threw my purse on the ground and walked back into the burger joint. I bent down and picked up all of my things and placed them in my purse. My phone was next to this Chevy and I went to pick it up to see my screen cracked and I sighed. I walked to my SUV and got in and left. Once I got to school I bumped into Jennifer and the girls and she looked at my arm.