The Beginning

Alright guys before I get started this is my third book; you should however read my other two. You will possibly fall in love with my books and especially this one. Enjoy!

Chapter 1: The beginning

Beep, Beep, Beep

My alarm rung to wake up Claire and I for school on this lovely Monday morning. Who am I kidding I detest Monday’s with all my heart but hey I got to get through my junior year and then it’s summertime baby. I guess I should tell you about myself. My name is Karen Jones I’m 16 and I live with my mother in a four bedroom house that she purchased and still currently paying on it about five years ago. I have three other siblings that live here to. Janae DeRious being the oldest at 21 years of age has her own room, John DeRious who also have his own room and he is 19 years of age, and then there’s Claire Jones whom I share a room with is 15 years of age.

My mother is more likely a single mother whom has taken care of four teenagers for years, and it isn’t hard. You’re probably wondering where your father is. My father is a preacher and lives in a mansion in Vinings, while we live in Doraville, Georgia. Yes, my father is very rich but, doesn’t take care of Claire and I. He takes care of John and Janae since they act like him, but they don’t have the spiritual soul that Claire and I have within us. We go to his church every Sunday and choir rehearsal every Saturday. Guess whose lead singer. It’s me Karen. I sing every Sunday and I preach sometimes when I get the Holy Ghost. My father name is Johnny DeRious; yes the famous preacher Johnny DeRious. Well enough of this let me wake Claire up.

I looked on the top bunk and shook Claire.

“Claire wake up.” I said and got my clothes out for school. I look up and Claire is climbing down from the bunk bed and walks straight into the bathroom. I put on my plaid skirt and white collared shirt with my knee high socks. Claire walks out the bathroom and put on her uniform. I walk in the bathroom and plug up the flat irons and lotion down my legs and arms. I sprayed a little Paris Hilton on and proceeded to flat iron my hair. I walked out the bathroom and put on my black boot cut heels, grabbed my book bag and U.S. History book and walked out the room towards the living room. I saw my mom sitting on the couch watching the news.

“Good Morning mom.” I said as I sat on the couch and waited for Claire to finish getting ready for school.

“Good Morning baby girl. Go in the kitchen and fix you and Claire something to eat baby. I don’t have any money for you all to buy lunch.” She said as she kissed my cheek.

“It’s ok mom. Dad gave me forty dollars for Claire and me to eat lunch and two hundred and fifty to fill up our car gas tank.” I told her as Claire came out with her uniform on. Yes, we drive to school. Our dad brought Claire and I mini Coopers for our birthdays.

“Alright, go on and go to school. I don’t want you girls late. You know how your father gets if you’re late to school and he’s paying for your education.” She said as she rushed us out the door. I walked to my pink Mini Cooper and got in it. Claire walked to her green Mini Cooper and got in. She blew her horn at me and I rolled down my window.

“Do you have gas money Karen?” Claire asked.

“Yes, here goes $125.” I said as I handed to her.

“Thanks girl.” She said and took off up the street. I drove right behind her. I turned my radio up listening to Rihanna’s cd this morning. About thirty minutes later I pulled up at Atlanta Girls School and parked my car besides Claire’s. We got envious looks from other girls. Now you may think Claire and I are popular but we aren’t. We are the most hated girls in the school. We’re loners basically with our group of friends we got. We’re basically nerds, I’m number one in my class and my friends are right behind me. Claire is to we are both gifted with my mother’s genes, singing and nerds runs in her genes.