• The boy from the phone •

"When we are called to help our friends in need
You can count on me like one two three"

You were the boy that's the reason the sound of my phone is on at night. I've never been that 'You can call me whenever you want'-person. I didn't care about anybody but myself.
And you were the boy that changed me. The one that turned that nobody-is-good-enough-for-me-girl into someone with a heart.
You were the boy that showed me how to make the best out of life.
And you were the boy that taught me how to trust someone blindly, just to leave me when I thought everything would be fine.

The boy that turned an asshole into a sensitive human being became an asshole himself.
I mean – I'm not judging you. I've been like that too. But I'm not over you. And I'll never be. I'm giving you space. I'm waiting here for you to come back. I know you need me as much as I need you. That's why the sound of my phone is still on, even though we haven't spoken in months. "'Cause that's what friends are supposed to do".
I still don't get why you're acting like we never met, why you're ignoring my text messages, neither why you found a whole new group of friends. They don't know you like I know you. They will let you down, when they can't take advantage of you anymore. But I'm not like that.

"If you ever find yourself stuck in the middle of the sea, I'll sail the world to find you".
And I waited for you to need me. But I'm waiting and waiting and nothing changes. And finally, I'm doing what you told me. Speaking the truth. You know me, "I'll never let go. Never say goodbye". I'm forgetting my ego for a minute. And I'll call you. And I know your sound will be on. Because you know "you can count on me 'cause I can count on you".

---

My contest entry to: See you soon

Extracts of Bruno Mars - "Count on me"