You Break Up

Harry's POV:

Me and Freezy were out shopping at Stratford Centre and I was browsing for some new Nikes. You can never have enough Nikes, especially when they're 20% off. Freezy picked up a pair of white air maxes and showed them to me.

"What about these? They're nice," he says to me. I give them a quick one over, I think they're a nice pair so I nod.

"Yeah they look good, I'll get those," I smile, picking up the box and walking over to the checkout with Freezy trailing behind me.

"You really want everything to be perfect, don't you?" Freezy asks, "it's weird, I never imagined you being a the first of us to settle down," he adds.

I shrug, "It's going to be a day we'll remember for the rest of our lives, it needs to be just right," I say defensively whilst getting into the queue.

"Just as long as she says yes," Freezy jokes inappropriately, to which I give a sarcastic 'haha'. "Hasn't Y/N got suspicious yet? I mean you've practically been ignoring her for a month," He asks me.

"She hasn't said a word about it, so I just need to hold out for one more week," I say confidently, but inside I feel more anxious than ever before.

After I pay for my new shoes my phone vibrates, I take it out and see a text from Y/N.

From Y/N:

Need to talk asap.

I tell her to come round mine in ten minutes and then I show Freezy the text.

"Do you think one of the lads told her?" He asks.

"I hope not, I've got to head home now but I'll see you when you get back later," I say.

"See ya, good luck man," he says reassuringly before I dash off.

...

When I arrive home Callum was nowhere to be seen so I quickly throw my new shoes into the closet and shove anything secret into one of my desk drawers. I go into the bathroom and put some wax in my hair and quickly style it before I hear a knock on the door. I rush out of my room and go to answer the door.

"Hey Y/N!" I enthuse as I open the door, as I look at her I see her eyes are red and puffy. "What's happened?" I ask in concern. She says nothing but instead shakes her head and leads me into my room. We sit next to each other on the end of my bed, I put my hand on hers but she shakes it off.

What the actual fuck is going on? Why won't my girlfriend let me touch her?

"Harry this is the first time I've seen your face in two weeks," she states bluntly, I'm about to apologise before she cuts me off. "Well I have, but only from pictures people have sent me of you around London with other girls," She says, her voice cracking.

"But I wasn't-" I try to defend myself.

"Harry you can't blame me for this, all these cheating rumors. Saying you're too busy to see me or cancelling our dates and then hanging out with other people," she shouts. "How do you think it makes me feel? I've kept quiet this past month, defending you when others said you were guilty but with nothing to show you're innocent. I feel like shit Harry, and the only person who noticed was Simon, he's been my shoulder to cry on for far too long since you haven't been around," She bites, and it really hurts me that I've been so bad to her recently and I hadn't even realised. But that wasn't what hurt the most; it was that she'd been upset and another guy was holding her. Not me.

"You've been crying? Fuck, Y/N I'm so sorry, please forgive me, please," I beg.

"Yes I've been crying! How could I not? And you weren't there to hug me and tell me it was all lies and that, of course, you love me. No it was Simon telling me all that," She yells, beginning to cry. I reach over and try to hug her but she pushes me away. "No Harry. I'm sick of being treated like shit so I'm doing something about it, goodbye," she cries before standing up and walking out of my room.

"Y/N? Stop! Where are you going, I love you please don't leave here while we're fighting," I say.

"No Harry, I'm not leaving here in a fight. I'm leaving you in a fight," she sobs, walking towards the door. I stand there, frozen, unable to speak or move. I can't even cry before she walks out of the door. I muster every last bit of strength to run after her.

"You can't throw away two years over one month, please Y/N!" I scream whilst chasing after her. She turns around sharply, make up running down her face.

"Don't chase after me Harry." was the last thing she said to me before stepping into the lift and I looked into her beautiful eyes for one last time before the doors closed.

Then it hits me, we're over. Done.

I collapse onto my knees and scream in anger and heartache. I storm into my flat and straight into my room and pick up my chair. I smash it into the ground and then throw it across my room. I pick up everything I see, my controllers, my alarm clock, my lamp, anything and chuck it against my wall, trying to relieve the pain. Suddenly I open my drawer and I see it, the small red box. I slowly reach in and pick it up, carefully open it to reveal the dazzling diamond ring I bought one month ago. The whole cause of this situation. I lay flat on my bed with the box in my hand and cry. I had no anger left, I was exhausted and every part of my body ached.

I lay there for hours, crying until my tears ran dry. I've never had my heart broken like this before, usually it's me who breaks girl's hearts. I guess it's just karma for every single bad thing I've done in my life.

"Harry? Freezy? Are you in?" Callum shouts as he walks into our flat. I can hear him walking towards my room and slowly pushing my door open. "Harry? Are you okay?" He asks, walking towards me. "Harry what the fuck happened to you?" He says with concern, rushing to sit beside me on my bed. I still lay motionless in the same spot as three hours ago, my face pale and eyes red and puffy. My body was still weak and shaky, and when Callum put his hand on my arm I realised how cold I was. "Harry answer me!" He shouts, making me turn my head to look at him. "Jesus Christ, please just talk to me," he whines.

"I don't want to talk about it," I croak, my throat still sore from screaming.

"Why do you have Y/N's engagement ring in your hand? Seriously Harry I'm freaking out, what's happened?" He pesters me, reaching over and trying to pick up the box but I grip hold of it tightly. "Let me get you a drink," Callum says, leaving the room to make me some tea.

...

The next day Freezy and Callum had managed to get me out of my room and into the living room for some breakfast. I wasn't hungry but I hadn't eaten in a while so they insisted. I don't know how I would've coped if they weren't living with me. At lunch I decide to go on twitter and check things out. It was a risky move but I wanted to check if Y/N was okay. I open up the twitter app and type in her username, I click on her profile and notice that she hasn't tweeted anything since yesterday morning. Before the breakup. However, when I checked Ethan's twitter I went back to square one. Last night he tweeted:

@Behzinga:

Don't know whats up but cuddles all around! Awwww @miniminter @Y/T/N

With a picture of Simon hugging Y/N in his room, it was hard to tell but it looked like she'd been crying. She clearly went to his after breaking up with me, because he was there for her when I wasn't. I didn't leave the house for a week after that, and what hurt even more was that I kept the ring. To make sure I never forgot, after all I still love her.

A/N: Okay I hope you liked that, obviously it was a bit different to my usual ones. If you didn't like the way this ended I can write a part two if you want it to have a happy ending. Thanks for reading!:)