𝐃

Dream laid on the bed in silence as Jahmez pulled up his pants

Dream laid on the bed in silence as Jahmez pulled up his pants. She just stared at the ceiling. No words could describe how she felt at this very moment. Jahmez pulled out a stack and placed it on the nightstand. It looked to be about 5k but she couldn't really tell. He left out of the room leaving her alone. If she was being honest it doesn't surprise her anymore. It's been like this since she was 15 and he was 19. He fucks and dips, a constant routine that she was accustomed to. One thing she can say about him that's good and only one is that he doesn't abuse her. He's never put his hands on her. That's one thing she's grateful for.

She laid there in thought. Many questions running through her mind. Why can't she just leave him alone? Why her? Why is she so attached? Why is he like this? Why couldn't her life be normal. So many thoughts, but she knew the reason. She knew why she's attached. She knew why she couldn't leave him alone. She knew why he was like that. She knew why her life couldn't be normal. It was in the back of her head. A dark room. A dark place that she didn't want to open or even think about. She couldn't come to the fact that she knew the answers.

She sat up against the pillows and pulled her blanket over her body as she heard her bedroom door creak as it was being opened. Hearing the almost silent sobs, she look at the door seeing the tiny body in her doorway. She reached out her hand so her son Zephyr could grab her hand. She picked him up and laid him on her chest. Even at the age of 5 Zephyr was a big baby. Dream loved it. He's attached at the hip. Even though Dream had him at the age of 14, she could never say he was a mistake. Giving birth to him was the best thing that could ever happen to her.

Zephyr meant; a soft gentle breeze, and that's exactly what he was for her.

Dream wiped his tears and kissed his cheeks making him giggle. She sat him on the other side of her bed and put the money in the drawer of her nightstand. She shook the thoughts that were still lingering in her mind and got up. She slipped into some blue ripped jeans and black wife beater. She slipped her feet into her black crocs and threw on a light jacket. Looking at the time she saw that it was 9:30. She hurried and picked zephyr up and drove to her momo's house.

She parked on the curb and opened Zephyr's door. Seeing her momo already waiting for her on the porch, she handed her his bag of clothes and necessities along with putting him down on the ground. She gave him a kiss and left.

Most people in her situation would turn to stripping or selling drugs. Whatever could get them easy money fast. She just worked at a restaurant part-time and a small modeling business downtown. She couldn't say those things never crossed her mind, but she knew the risks of having jobs like that and she wouldn't dare expose her son to things like that because she knew how it felt. Her dad was a drug dealer more like a corner boy. Her momma was a stripper. She was exposed to all types of situations where her life could've been taken but she never resented either of her parents for it until she got pregnant with Zephyr.

Dream wasn't raped. She got pregnant over peer pressure though. One day she was going to her friends birthday party. She was told it was just a hotel party with just girls, so her parents let her go. When she knocked on the door it was basically a riding party not what she expected. Everybody in that room was fast just not her. It got to a point where they started telling her to go in the bathroom with her crush and that's where it all happened. She couldn't call the boy a deadbeat because she never told him. As soon as her and her parents found out she was pregnant they kicked her out on the streets so she had to drop out. Luckily some random lady took her in who is now known as momo. She's forever grateful for her.

Dream walked into the up-scaled restaurant she worked at and hurried to the back and put on her uniform and apron. She was just a waitress. You would think since it's an up-scaled restaurant they would pay a lot for everybody but that wasn't the case for the waitresses. She grabbed her notepad and a pen and walked out to the dining area. It wasn't as busy as it usually was but that was fine for her.

"Dream go take table number 11's order." She nodded her head and walked over there. It was a group of 8. Four boys and four girls. They were loud and it was irritating her. She cleared her throat and they all looked at her. by the way they was looking at her she knew she was going to get annoyed quick.

"I'm Dream, I'll be you guys's waiter for today. Are you guys ready to order or would you like for me to wait?" She said putting on her white girl interview voice.

"Ready to order. Wait." They said all at once.

"Ordering or waiting?" She repeated already stressed.

"We gon order." A dude spoke up. He looked high and clearly irritated.

"Alright. Can I get y'all started with appetizers or straight to the meal?" She asked getting ready to write down what they wanted.

"Straight to the meal we don't intend to be here that long." He said lifting up his head to look at her. He caught her off guard. He was fine as fuck but by the facial expression on the girl across from him she could tell that was his girl. He looked straight at her and licked his lips then told her his order and everybody ordered after them. She went to the back after they finished ordering and gave the chefs the paper. Since nobody else was coming she clocked out. She slipped back into her clothes and grabbed her bag and her phone a walked out.

She saw the group walking out as she put her shit in her trunk. She made eye contact with the fine nigga as he walk towards her. She didn't know why so she was confused.

"Aye I'm sorry for they loud asses. You looked like you was annoyed but I meant to tip you but I know how these restaurants be so lemme do that personally." He handed her about 200. She was shocked of course. She shook her head and handed it back.

"I can't take that. I was just doing my job." She couldn't lie and say she didn't want to take it but something in her couldn't do it.

"Man just take it hm." he handed it to her and just like the last time she handed it back. He looked at her with a straight face and slipped his hand that had the two hundred bills in her back pocket and walked away. She sighed.

"Hey."She yelled to him. He turned around.

"I ain't get your name."

"Rocco" She gave him a tight lip smile and got in the car. She felt like she deserved a bath and a nap before she had to pick up Zephyr.

 She felt like she deserved a bath and a nap before she had to pick up Zephyr