v. PANCAKE DAY

⋆ ˚ 。⋆ ✧ ⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼ ✧ ⋆ 。˚ ⋆

CHAPTER FIVE: PANCAKE DAY

❛you save everyone, but who saves you?❜

⋆ ✧ ⋆

⋆  ✧  ⋆

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Zoya was awoken by a pillow being slammed into her body.

Scrunching her eyes tightly, the Caldwell girl groaned. Her arms flew in front of her, serving as a wall of safety against her aggressor. "What in the world?"

"Wake up," Emma half-shouted. Although Zoya's eyes were still shut, her ears heard the sound of Emma's pleasant, self-satisfactory grin. "We overslept."

Nictitating through her dark eyelashes, she jolted up. The sky was a tender baby blue, a misty, golden glow seeking its way through Zoya's gauzy curtains, embracing her in a comforting hug. Slowly, her eyes travelled onto Emma, eyebrows wrinkled in a mixture of confusion and harmless anger.

"Did you really have to wake me up in such an insensitive manner?" Zoya said as Emma set down the pillow she had previously used to wake up her parabatai. "Couldn't you be more gentle?"

"Hey," Emma's features became serious. "You are the one who always wakes up first. Don't judge my methods."

Zoya shook her head, tangled locks falling into the girl's aquamarine eyes. She pushed aside her covers, jumping to her feet and cowering at the wave of cold air. Her teeth chattered, producing an unpleasant sound. "What are we going to do?"

Emma mirrored Zoya's movement, tugging down at her shirt. She was already dressed in a pair of dark leggings. "Let's go find Jules. I want to tell him what we found out."

The black-haired girl walked toward her closet, pulling out a pair of boyfriend jeans and a white shirt with maroon stripes. For some reason, Zoya had developed an obsession with collecting pieces of clothing with stripes; vertical, in various colors, dresses or t-shirts - Zoya owned it all.

Pulling her hair in a loose ponytail, Zoya glanced at her outfit. "Is he in his room?"

Emma shook her head, heading for the door with her parabatai on her steps. "No. I am taking a lucky guess that he is at the beach."

Emma was probably right. When Jules wasn't in his studio, he was at the beach and judging by the marvelous sun that reigned over the sky canvas, Zoya would have agreed with Emma that Julian is seeking his refuge among the ocean waves and sun rays.