iv. HOME AGAIN

⋆ ˚ 。⋆ ✧ ⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼ ✧ ⋆ 。˚ ⋆

CHAPTER FOUR: HOME AGAIN

❛home is not always a place. sometimes it's a person.❜

⋆ ✧ ⋆

⋆  ✧  ⋆

Cristina Rosales was right. The Blackthorns had truly arrived home.

Zoya couldn't quite believe it. She wasn't usually the one to express just how much she had cared for the people in her life, but she couldn't restrain herself from running toward the foyer with Emma and Diana cascading behind. Her feet were bouncing off of the polished ground in the same untamable rhythm as her heart. The girl felt as if a thousand little fires had lighted up inside of her, begging her to be faster in her step and burning her with desperation.

A wide grin was plastered on Zoya's face as her aquamarine eyes took notice of the large family that filled the center of the foyer, just beneath the gallery she was standing on top of. Her palms were gripping the rail of the curving staircase, squeezing it tightly.

"It's really them," Emma whispered as she approached her parabatai. An identical large smile was displayed on her face.

"Well," Zoya cleared her throat loudly enough for the Blackthorns to hear. "Isn't our favorite family back?"

Without hesitation, all the family members lifted their gazes up to meet the person that greeted them. One by one, the Blackthorn siblings smiled. From fifteen-year-old twins named Livvy and Ty, to Drusilla who was holding youngest Tavvy's hand. Even Julian's eyes glimmered with happiness and excitement as he glanced at the girls.

"Finally," Emma cried out as she examined the family. The resemblance between them was unmistakable. They all shared the same mess of chocolate brown locks and piercing blue-green eyes; well, except Ty. Ty had stood out like a sore thumb - with his mesmerizing gray orbs and tousled black hair.

"Come on," Emma took a hold of Zoya's palm, guiding her down the stairs. Their feet echoed against the stairs like a lone bell in the darkest of nights.

Zoya tried to absorb the moment, engrave it in her memory and preserve for an eternity. Their eyes were on her, but for the first time - stares she got didn't feel foreign and uncomfortable. In fact, they were warm and welcoming; almost like a missing piece of her soul was returned to her.

She had never felt so happy to see someone. Perhaps that was due to the fact that she hadn't had anyone left in her life to wait upon, seeing that her biological family was murdered years ago. Nevertheless, Zoya's hands breathed of impatience to embrace the Blackthorns in a tight hug and never let go again.