Chapter Seven

Virgil woke up to Patton speaking quietly on the phone. "-Yes, so can you run the shop for me today Sherryl?"

Virgil figured Patton wanted the day off to recover emotionally, and he worked hard enough to warrant a day off. He looked over and saw it was about 5am.

"I'm...fine. Just need a day. I'll be in first thing tomorrow, don't worry." He went quiet for a second as Sherryl spoke, "Okay, have a good day."

Patton looked at him and smiled softly. "Sorry for waking you, just go back to sleep if you can."

Virgil, still in a half asleep state, nodded. He closed his eyes and soon drifted off.

Virgil, once again, awoke on the couch, still cuddled into the others. He blushed, though he was confused, temporarily forgetting what happened last night. Suddenly, it all came back to him.

The sadness he felt for Patton was still present, but he couldn't help the fact that he was cuddling close to his crush, which made him a tiny bit happy. He did his best to ignore that.

He sat up slowly to not disturb the other two, and stretched out his back as it hurt slightly from the weird angle it was at. He looked at the clock and saw it was 9am, later than he expected. He decided to get up and make them some breakfast.

He got out the bacon and began to fry it. He put the bread in the toaster and got out the Crofters, as it was the only jam that Roman liked.

He heard movement in the living room, and from the heaviness of the footsteps he assumed it was Patton.

He was correct, and he was coming into the kitchen. Virgil smiled at him as he entered. "Good morning, Patton."

Patton gave him a small smile, still obviously drained from all that happened last night. "Morning, Virgil."

Roman came in next, and by that time, breakfast was ready. They all sat down, Virgil and Roman on one side and Patton on the other. They ate a bit in a silence that wasn't uncomfortable, but it wasn't really comfortable either.

"Thanks for letting me stay the night, I'll try to be out of your hair as soon as possible."

Virgil shook his head, "Don't worry about it, We're happy to be there for you."

"Yes, but I can go back today while he's at work. I'll grab the rest of my stuff and my wallet and get a hotel."

"But how long will it take you to get back on your feet? You can only stay at a hotel for so long?"

Patton sighed, "Well what else can I do?"

Virgil looked down and a thought came to his head. What if Patton moved in with them?

They had a spare bedroom, and rent was going up, and another person around would be nice, especially someone who made him and his boyfriend feel less empty, someone they happened to be pining over.

He looked over to Roman, and he could see in his eyes that he was having the same thought.

"You could always move in with us?" Virgil said, though it was phrased more as a statement than a question.

Patton looked in shock. "No, I couldn't intrude like that! You two have a life together, and I couldn't impose like that."

Roman shook his head. "It's not like that. I mean, we have a spare room, and you could help pay rent, especially since it's going up. At least til you get a better option."

Patton looked like he was on the brink of tears, "Guys, stop, your going to make me cry again!" He partly joked. "You're too good to me!"

VIrgil chuckled "We're just being good friends!"