Saying Goodbye... and hello

Tears fell from Leo's eyes as he followed Snarltooth to a small desk. He sat, and waited for his parchment and quill, knowing if he moved, he risked losing his chance to say goodbye. He didn't know who the man was, but he was probably the true heir of Merlin. He truly did feel bad for claiming the title, since obviously there was a mistake. He wiped his cheeks, knowing there was no use for tears at this point. Snarltooth returned, setting a paper and, to Leo's shock, a ballpoint pen on the desk.

"You are to write a short letter and you will then be transferred to the chamber. You have five minutes." The goblin said before turning and scurrying out of the room. With a shuddering breath, Leo began to write.

Severus and Viktor

I'm so very sorry, but this is a letter of good bye. I have committed a slight to the goblin nation, and must face the consequences. I must take responsibility for my own stupidity, but I only have a short time to write before my death. Please know I love you both, and truly never ment for this to happen. Tell Bella I love her as well, as she will probably be set to take my place in the contract. Please don't stay mad long, come visit sometimes, yeah?

Leonidas

Just as he had finished writing, two goblins entered. He set his pen down, and stood from the desk, handing his letter to the goblin on the left. The goblin rolled it up quickly, showing respect to Leo's last wish, before he tied it to the leg of an owl Leo had missed in the corner. Squaring his shoulders, leo followed the goblins from the room. Knowing better than to show his fear, he kept his face calm, having accepted his fate. A vault was opened, and he was ushered inside. He sat on the floor of the small room, and watched silently as the vault door was closed. He closed his eyes, one last year falling down his cheek.

He felt a shift, and figuring it was the magic of the vault sealing, he sighed. He slowly opened his eyes, but had to blink a few times. This wasn't right.

~~~~CHANGE~~~

"Bring the boy back now!" The newly named Merlin screamed at the goblins.

"Sir Emreys, with master flamel choosing to go willingly, there is nothing we can do now. He has just been entered into the chamber. To open it before the set time has passed, would kill him faster." Ragnok said calmly.

"Then I'll tear this bloody building down! It's murder! He doesn't even get to say goodbye to his family!" Merlin screamed, not even paying attention to said family speaking to a goblin behind him.

"Please, Lord Emreys, stop." Came the soft voice of Nicholas, as he stepped infront of the man.

"How can you let this happen! He was your grandson!" Merlin screamed at Nicholas, his anger getting the best of him, as his magic launched the old man across the room. His anger quickly vanished, however he found he could not move, as he was now surrounded by thirty goblin warriors. He watched as Ragnok ran to the man, kneeling down next to him, an action unheard of for goblins.

"Lord Flamel, are you alright?" The goblin asked, helping the old man to sit up.

"Just a knock to the head, if you have a headache drought it would be much appreciated." Nick said, rubbing the back of his head. "And let the poor lady go, Morgana knows how many times Leonidas has done the same. There was one time he threw his betrotheds off a cliff for knocking bella over."

"Yes, we were lucky the boys could swim," Pernell said, kneeling with Bella next to the man. "And that you have such a hard head my love."

"Indeed, I only refer not casting a cushioning charm." Nick laughed as the guards lowered their weapons. "And for your information Lord Emreys, Leonidas is my son not my grandson. We adopted him a few years ago."

My apologies, Lord Flamel, I didn't mean to launch or insult you. It's just your age…"

"Is hundreds of years larger than you think, young man."

"How could-"

"A marvelous invention I created in my youth, though I dare say, your ageing better than I ever could."

"I am only sixteen, whereas you say you are hundreds of years old."

"Son, you are over 1800 years old, it's 1987."

"No it's 557, mid spring, we just planted our crops."

No Lord Emreys, your soul was anchored to the statue by your olderself. It has been with us for centuries, in this very hall. You left it to find your magical heir, as your children had all died in a plague." Ragnok said.

"How would you know?" Merlin asked sharply, still very upset with the goblins.

"The memory of the event is stored in a secure vault, only viewable to the Lord goblin and yourself after you have been returned. Now if you're ready, we shall view the memory, and you can properly meet your magical heir." Ragnok said, dragging the boy out by his shirt sleeve.