♡ 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬-𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧 ♡

Start from the beginning

Dallas watched the ice slide into the freezing water, splashing droplets onto the dusted floor. Lydia stood beside her, giving her a side glance every so often. "That's a cute skirt." Dallas mumbled to her, breaking the ice. Metaphorically and literally.

Her face perked up and a small smile spread across it. "Thanks." she dropped her gaze back to the ice. "I'm sorry, you know." she nudged her complicated-best friend. "We used to be so close before.. all this. I'm sorry I acted the way I did."

Dallas opened her mouth to say something, but Deaton caught her attention, "Okay, we're ready." he stood before Stiles, Scott and Allison while her, Lydia and Isaac stood on the sidelines. "Each of you will hold you down until you're essentially.." he paused. "Well, dead." 

"But it's not someone to just hold you under," Deaton spoke again. "It needs to be someone who can pull you back. Someone that has a strong connection to you. An emotional tether." 

"Lydia," he called out to the strawberry-blonde. "You go with Allison." 

Scott and Isaac shared a look, at Allison seemed to notice as the Martin approached her. "Dallas." Deaton glanced at the siren. "You're with Stiles." 

Stiles gave the girl a warm smile as she nodded along. "Isaac, you're with Scott." 

The two werewolves shot each other another look. Scott understood why, though. He was the first to truly relate to Isaac - to help him and become the brother he never had. Although, now, they both lusted after the same girl.

As each one stepped inside the bath, Dallas mumbled under her breath which caught the Stilinski's attention. "Look who got stuck with the siren." 

He snickered slightly. Even with everything in his life being pretty dim, Dallas seemed to be the one keeping everything afloat. "As long as you don't eat me afterwards, I'll forgive you." he whispered to her as everybody else prepared.

"I'll try my best." her care-free attitude softened as she gave him a sympathetic look. "I'll be here the whole time, okay?" 

Stiles gripped his dad's badge in his hand as he lowered himself in the cold water, the goosebumps quickly arising on his arms. He turned to Scott, who was in the bathtub beside him. "By the way," he swallowed. "If I don't make it back and you do, you should probably know something. Your dad's in town." 

Scott widened his eyes and sunk into the bathtub, watching as Isaac gave him a supportive nod. The trio shared a look from their bathtubs as each emotional tether stood at the back of them, awaiting the next comment from Deaton. Dallas delicately lay her hands on the human's shoulder. She could feel his heartbeat pound underneath her touch and while the temperature of the water didn't bother her personally, she could see the goosebumps rise on the back of his neck. They all took a deep breath moments before the vet spoke one last time. 

"Now."

In a millisecond, each teenager sank underneath the cold water - taking their last breath. Water coated Lydia's hand which made her shiver. She stared down at Allison underneath the water and felt anxiety seep into her gut. Meanwhile, Isaac chewed on his bottom lip as he watched the closest thing he had to family slowly lose consciousness.

Stiles remained still, something that made Dallas feel uneasy inside. She wondered if she'd ever do something like that on purpose. If one day, she'd end up doing the same thing she was now - but with much crueller intentions. The thoughts quickly faded away as she felt Stiles grab her wrist from underneath the water, squeezing it reassuringly. 

Her head shot to Isaac as Scott seemed to thrash around in the water next to them. His eyes gleamed golden before they fizzled back to their original brown colour and he eventually lost all state of consciousness, sinking back into the water.