"What if he doesn't believe me".

"Of course he will everybody else did didn't they?"

"What if he hates me for breaking up his marriage".

"From what I saw at the wedding including how she behaved after she hit you. Your dad maybe happy to have a reason to let her go".

"What do you mean they love each other".

"Your mother is clearly ambitious and your father seems embarrassed by her at times".

"Did something happened that I missed?"

"Yes but we will talk about that another time. I heard about your charity I'm going to donate one hundred thousand euros to it".

"OMG really, wait I know there's been rumours about it in the newspapers but nothing official as been announced to the public yet. How do you know about it?"

"I have my ways of finding out information about the Danish royals Vic. When do you start doing engagements full-time again?"

"Monday I'm really looking forward to getting back in the swing of things. I was asked to dance at the royal wedding by the cutest guy ever. Its sad I didn't get to really have a proper conversation with him".

"Yes it's ashamed. So you like him then?"

"Yeah, I found myself thinking about him a lot in rehab".

"I need to tell you something it was my brother that asked you to dance." I'm shocked at that piece of information.

"I don't even know your last name", I say to her.

"That's easy to find out Victoria in fact Debora and I have been talking and we have a surprise for you. I was going to call you later today".

"Wait you know my cousin?"

"Yes, Antonio is best friends with my brother. Debora is really nice she really thinks a lot of you Victoria".

"She didn't always".

"Even you can admit that before rehab you were not in a good place and your behaviour reflected this".

I realised she was right, "I'm not the same person now I was back then. You know I've learnt to cook in rehab which I really love doing now. Your brother won't want to be seen with a junkie will he?"

"You mean a former addict who turned her life around".

"I wish you were physically here".

"We can always FaceTime each other and Vic call me if you need to talk to someone or if you feel like going back to coke".

"You heard the words and the slap in that bathroom that was the reason for the drugs thankfully she's not in my life anymore. I'm in control of my own life now and she's completely out of it".

"I'm glad".

"Me too, I'll speak to you soon".

"Ok and Vic you'll be fine don't forget you've a lot of support".

"Your brother knows about my drug use.  Did you tell him about the slap?"

"No that's not my place, I did tell him not to jump to conclusions though and  to talk to you first before deciding to have nothing to do with you. He really does like you Vic".

"I don't even know your brother's name".

"It's Diego Balzarini, our mother was Spanish".

"Diego I repeat".

"Tell me something about him".

"He's kind, loving, very considerate and if he cares about you he will fight for you always". I listen as she tells me more about Diego.

He's three years older than me so he's 27. Laila and I end the call and I make Shepard's pie for dinner.

"I've been invited to dine with the Crown Princess and the pie is my contribution. Everyone going to the dinner was suppose to bring a dish kinda like a pot luck.

I arrive and put my meal in Debbie's kitchen. I apologise again to her friends for my previous behaviour.

I know Debbie hasn't told them the truth about my rehab. As we sit at the table and pass the plates around I know I'm lucky to come out the other side of addiction.

"So Vic I know we're having dinner together now but next Wednesday I'm going with the kids and Antonio to the country house I would love it if you tag along".

"How long are we staying for?"

"Till the following Monday".

"Okay if you think I won't be a gooseberry".

"You won't be", she smiles at me. The dinner was great, Debbie's friends are amazing and funny it's a shame it took me this long to see it.

My first engagement back after rehab there were a lot of press but I expected it.  I went to a charity dealing with homeless teens. I was actually interested in the engagement and focused on getting as much positive publicity and donations as I could for the place. I did research before the visit and as I talk to the clients there and the workers at the charity. I knew my job as a Princess and making a difference in the world was what I wanted to do for the rest of my life.

I was driven to our country house, Debbie and Antonio were already there. I walked in the building, "Hello".

A footman comes and takes my luggage.

"Your royal highness let me show you to your room".

I follow him and leave my luggage by the bed and go to find my cousin or the butler. I walk in the kitchen and see Debbie making bread.

"What can I help you with?"

"A dessert would be nice".

I look in the cupboards to see ingredients to make a pie, I decide to make a apple pie, couple Danishes for breakfast tomorrow and chocolate ice cream.

It was nice to be there enjoying the time with my cousin before she was queen or she starts taking over more of her father's role.

We finish cooking and make our way into the living room.

"There's one more guest".

"Who?" I ask Debbie.

"It's a surprise ," she tells me.

"You have to give me a clue, is it one of your friend if it is why the mystery?"

I found out what the surprise was not long after. I was playing with my little cousins when the butler walked in the room.

"Your Royal Highness, Crown Prince Diego Of Sardinia is here". I look up from the floor to see my dark hair green eye crush staring at me.