Chapter 42: Where's Rowan?

Start from the beginning

"Thanks." Said Willow as she was made to sit on the hospital bed and was given a  water bottle.

"I never expected the spell to work so fine."

"You weren't sure that it would work?" Asked Willow who had quenched her thirst.

"Well," the Witch pursed her lips, but then she suddenly started squinting at Willow. Willow felt uneasy, as she was being scrutinised. "What's that?"

Willow raised her brow.

"That on your neck. It looks like a tattoo—a mark of sort, I'm sure it wasn't there in the morning."

Willow touched her neck, even though she couldn't see herself, she felt it, the Moon's Mark, which was given to her by the Goddess. But she still asked to make sure, "Does it look like a crescent shaped moon?"

The Witch nodded, dumbfounded.

Willow sighed in relief, that meant that she hadn't imagined everything while she was in a coma right? So her father must still be alive, and he would also meet her soon. But then she recalled what the moon goddess had shown her. "Where's Row—" Willow paused as she remembered that the Witch might probably not know who Rowan was. "My family, where are they?"

"I think it's time for your friend to be visiting you." Said the nurse as she checked the clock.

As if on cue the door to her room opened. Melody who was walking into the room, froze. "Willow? You're up?" Melody gasped.

"Mel!" Willow felt tears pool in her eyes when she remembered how Melody was killed by Hunter.

"Willow's awake?" Came the voice of JR, who walked up behind Melody.

Melody rushed towards Willow and hugged her, nearly putting her back into a vegetative state.

"The patient is still not completely healed." Said the nurse, who was standing beside Willow. But Willow felt that her body was healing pretty fine, because she was sure if one was bedridden for a month, they won't be able to move for a long time or talk,but Willow could do it perfectly.

"I'm sorry." Said Melody sheepishly, as she pulled back and did a once over at Willow. "How do you feel?"

"Like rainbows and glitter." Said Willow, smiling sarcastically.

The Witch who seemed to be dazed for the whole minute suddenly jumped. "Excuse me." She side hurriedly and rushed out of the room.

"What happened?" Willow asked.

The nurse shrugged. "Since she said that your fine, I'll also be leaving." She smiled before walking after the Witch.

Melody sat on the bed Willow was lying on and JR took the chair beside her bed.

"Good to see that you're awake." Said JR.

"Good to see you too." Willow grinned, even though she felt like she saw them at school, two days ago. Willow looked at both of them and pursed her lips. "But you have to tell me, where's mom and Rowan? Where am I?"

"Your mom, we didn't tell her about you."

"But haven't I been here for a month?"