02. wicked plays, wicked grins - 김선우

"you're lucky i like you

"you're lucky i like you. . ."
ft. kim sunwoo

tw // mentions of death, kidnapping, murder towards the middle-end. it's for a fictional movie, but still, please proceed only if you're okay with that!

⠀⠀To many people's surprise, it hadn't taken a lot of courage to ask Kim Sunwoo, the school's golden boy, on a date. Many of your friends and peers were shocked at the confidence you had in the moment, bursting through the door of Sunwoo's classroom of 3-C, slamming your hands on his desk and shocking him from his slumber with your bold proclamation of, "Kim Sunwoo, I'd like to see a movie with you!"

⠀⠀To be fair, it was only that way because you already knew Sunwoo felt the same way towards you after months of teasing from his friends and your's and Sunwoo grumpily denying it with a crimson-red face. Come on, you weren't that dense. But Sunwoo was more stubborn than a bull, and you were staring to lose patience—when was he going to ask you out? It turns out that that romantic day would never come, mostly because Sunwoo was reportedly embarrassed about his crush getting out and, having not yet come up with a suave way to ask you out on his own yet, was refusing to ask you out himself. After months of waiting, you decided enough was enough. Cue bursting through door and confession.

⠀⠀You recalled the moment with great clarity. Apparently, one of Sunwoo's friends had given him advanced notice about your arrival, and he had then proceeded to "fall asleep" on his desk in order to "wake up" at your attention and give off that lazy, charming look. Too bad you watched the whole thing unfold through the window of the classroom, suppressing raucous laughter the whole way. Then, after psyching yourself up, you marched in and slammed your hands on his desk so hard that Sunwoo "awoke" and jumped in his seat with a yelp. It took every ounce of willpower to not burst into a wide grin as you stared him straight in his big brown eyes and confessed your feelings and asked him on a date, audience and all.

⠀⠀At first, Sunwoo was shocked. His cheeks burned as he stammered to find something to say—very un-Sunwoo of him, since he tried very hard to project a cool image of himself—before mumbling quietly, "Man. . . I was gonna ask you out first."

⠀⠀"Yeah, well, you kept me waiting so I decided I was gonna do it. So, you wanna go on a date or not?" you asked. Sunwoo gave you a look, like he was calling you an idiot with his eyes. Ouch.

⠀⠀"Don't be ridiculous," he said scathingly, his arms crossed. "Of course I wanna go! I'm just mad that I didn't get to ask you out first. . . I was planning it out and everything. . ."

⠀⠀Sunwoo began to pout, and you reached over to pinch his cheek, eliciting the cutest whine you had ever heard in your life. As you began to laugh, Sunwoo glanced around at the other students viewing the scene before them and frowned deeply. "What are you guys looking at?" Sunwoo asked sharply, which caused most people to take the hint and return to their own desks.