“And as you lie in bed, stricken with fear you realize what was shown to you and you also realize you don't want that anymore.”

Turning to him, I continue,

“I thought death was supposed to comfort me but from what I've seen, it doesn't. Self blame is the one thing that eats away at your soul until there's no soul left,”

“I...I...”

“Blaming yourself makes you feel worse...I know firsthand,” I mumble sadly. It's funny how our nasty history keeps regurgitating. Especially when the past is supposed to stay in the past.

“Just stay with me,” his bass filled voice is broken and needy. It's as if he's pleading.

“I'm flyin',” Danny mumbles in his sleep, making me smile. That was random but at least he didn't wake. He can't wake up to this. I use my hand to prop him up when he starts sliding. My arms hurt but I refuse to put him down.

“Dream big, huh?” Ian laughs while extending his hands. He carefully lifts our son up with ease. Danny weighs about forty pounds which makes him an easy lift for Ian. But for me, not so much.

“I love what we created,” he stares at me with such enchanting emerald eyes. I feel like he is silently thanking me. Thanking me for Danny.

“Yeah, he saved me. He basically gave me a second chance,” I was at m lowest and Danny pulled me out.

“You're perfect,” his low tone casts over the dimly lit room. He holds him tightly, even placing a soft kiss on his forehead before laying him down.

Something tells me that was addressed to me as well.

A strained sigh parts from his thin lips as he admires my presence.

“It's like you're saying what I can't say. Every time you speak it's like you speak for me...or with me.”

My eyes hold war with the hardwood floor. Even managing to notice a spot I missed from shining the wood earlier. The OCD in me is telling me to grab a towel and some wood polish.

“Ava,” his large hands cup mine, sending my eyes straight to his. I shouldn't be listening to this. But somehow I'm already intrigued.

“I need your help so please, just stay.”

“There's beauty in the broken, Ava. I know you see it in me. Deep down inside you see it in me just as I see it; feel it in you.”

How can someone so messed up; so evil, vile, repulsive. Someone undeserving of love need it so much?

After a few moments of tension filled silence, he finally says.

“If it's Elaine you're worried about we can move,”

His hands are still clinging onto mine while I fight the urge to pull away. Why does he have to do this.

“If you just let me fix this, I can give you the world. I can give you everything you want if you just stay,”

That's nice and all but at what price? What if his anger gets the best of him again? What will he do next time? Punch me harder instead of slapping me senseless.

A sudden pull forward forces my heart to start stammering in my chest. His lips collide with mine while his hands seize my cheeks in the moment. The kiss begins as a forceful rainfall but then quickly develops into a downpour of unsaturated, raw emotions. Without thinking, I place my hands on his neck before opening up. Literally and figuratively.

Heavy breathing and heaving chests collide with each other. Our heartbeats match up perfectly. It does so in a manner that would freak anyone out. The silence is killing me and so are my reckless actions. And then he says,