After changing into an oversized shirt, I went out and shifted.

Shifting didn't hurt as I've done it many times now. It didn't take long for me to be on all fours and when I opened my eyes again, I have successfully shifted.

I let my wolf have the control. She stretched and shook our grey fur before she we went for a run around the territory.

Three days later, I found myself packing some of my clothes already. The day of my departure was getting closer and as much I hated it, it was time to prepare.

It was customary for the female wolves to follow their mate, it was very rare that it would be the other way around. All the more, my mate was an Alpha.

I heard a knock on the door and knew that it was my mom.

"Come in." I say absentmindedly and the door opened and she entered.

I looked up to her and smiled. She also smiled and came towards me. She sees that I was folding my clothes and putting them into a box.

She sat at the chair in front of me and also started folding the clothes that I was going to be bringing with me.

"I remember this jacket. It was Nash's gift to you wasn't it?" she asks with a smile. I looked at the denim jacket she was holding up. I nodded.

"Yeah, he got it for me after I asked him for a thousand times." I say also smiling.

We continued folding my clothes and when suddenly, I hear my mom stifle. I immediately looked up to see that she had tears in her eyes.

This made me feel sad too. I stood from my place and knelt down in front of her.

"What's wrong mom? Isn't this what you wanted? For me to find my mate, for me to be a strong Luna. It's all happening now mom." I said. She put a hand on my cheek.

"I know I've been hard on raising you Hazel. I always had a feeling that you were going to be a Luna and I wanted to prepare you for that. You know the hardship I went through because I wasn't ready for this position. I didn't want that to be the same for you. I hope you forgive me if I've been too hard on you, I just want you to know that I love you." she says with tears.

I smile at her and shook my head. I understood where she was coming from. See, my mom was a regular pack wolf when she and my dad, the next Alpha, met. A lot of people expected the old Delta or the old Beta's daughter to be my dad's mate so our pack was shocked when they found out it was her.

She had a lot of hardships in her first few years of being a Luna because she was unprepared and untrained and that's why she raised me that way.

She wanted me to be strong, she wanted me to be able to handle my own problems. And I'm more than thankful for that.

"Mom, look at me. I'm going to be fine. You have nothing to worry about." I put my hand over hers.

"And your mate. I can sense he's a good man, but wasn't there that girl? Everyone was sure that they would be each other's mates. How did things turn out to be this way." she says worriedly again, more to herself than to me.

I knew she was talking about Jessica Fields. I would be lying if I wasn't having the same thoughts, but I wanted to assure my mom that I was going to be fine.

"Look at you worrying over small things, mother. You're forgetting that I'm your daughter. Whoever she may be, I'm his mate and not her."

This has her stopped from crying and she nodded.