The Boys

"Hey princess!" Paul greets me as I get out of my car. I lived up to the story I told dad. I was just tired of the repetition in my life at the moment.

He comes up and hugs me and I hug him back like my life depended on it. He felt hot to the touch against my warmth deprived self. I could feel him adjusting his hold on me and could tell he was concerned.

He pulled back but held me by the shoulders, looking at me intently. "Ella? Are you okay? You feel like a thin bag of bones right now."

I sigh. That's what over exhaustion and only eating like a piece a bread every day does to you I guess.

"I'm fine Penelope Van Schweetz. It's just been a rough couple of months." Paul scrunches up his nose at the use of his name.

"Seriously Princess? I thought we were done with the names." I smirk at him. "Never in a million years P."

He smiles back as we walk to Sam's house.

It feels good to hang with Paul again. I almost forgot how to feel happy.

We enter the house and everyone looks at me for moment before tackling me. "Ella!" They yelled as I laugh. Jared even started crying. "Bruh I thought I lost you!"

I patted his head and bursted out laughing. "Jared, I didn't die." Everyone else was laughing with me as he cried harder.

Except for one person. I looked at him and he looked shocked to see me.

"Bre?" I ask in shock. There's no way. Embry looked at me with wide eyes. If he's turned already then it won't be long for-

"Elle? Why are you here? Do you know?" Embry looked around as the boys nodded.

"I've known for a while. I'm so sorry Bre." He stares at me for a second before a look of relief crossed his face and he hugged me. "Thank god. Just one less person I have to lie to."

I just stood there awkwardly. I'm not used to all this affection after almost a full year with no human interaction.

Paul notices and pats Embry's back and he lets go.

"Anyways, Ella, what brings you here?" Sam asks and I slightly smile. "I wanted to see everyone. It's been a while. And plus, I told dad that I was hanging out with Paul today."

Paul smirks at me and I smirk back as everyone practically sweat drops. Princess and P together. A very dangerous duo.

"Well we all could go cliff diving. Today's as good as any." I looked at Paul in excitement and nodded. I've always wanted to cliff dive. I look at the rest of the pack and smile "You guys are welcome to come too."

Jared wraps an arm around me. "About to say, you better invite your best friend." Paul chokes on his own saliva.

"If anyone is her best friend here, it's me." The two of them start arguing and I shake my head at them. "Sorry Elle. Sam and I have a date. Rain check?"

Emily asks and I nod and hug her. Then Jared, Paul, Embry, and I head out to my glorious car.

Embry sat up front with me while the two knuckleheads are in the back, still arguing about which one of them is my best friend.

While driving, I can tell Embry is looking at me and then he says, "Have you talked to Jake recently?" This made the other two quiet down.

I shake my head with a forced smile. "Nope, not all." I glance at Embry and he furrows his brows. "That's unlike you two. You guys are usually attached at the hip."

Jared decided at that moment to spill the beans. "Well you know, it happens, especially when the guy is your crush and he's interested in your already taken sister and talks about her nonstop when you make it obvious that you like him. It's bound to cause some type of separation."