part ten.

"I know , I know

"I know , I know." Willow told Natasha over the phone. "I know , I just I thought about it and I don't know yet."

Natasha groaned over the phone. "Either you stay in Chicago to be with Kevin's fine ass or you come to us in Florida. There's no in between."

"I will figure it out soon."

"Good." Natasha told her. "I gotta go but text me ?"

"Of course, bye Tash."

The two hung up the phone and Willow shoved her phone in back pocket. She grabbed the file and stormed out , her black combat boots over her black and white suit professional business suit. Her long black hair slicked back into ponytail behind her head.

The meeting under her new boss David Lang had pushed her buttons. Her old boss had passed from a murder from Adres Dias , the main reason she chased after him so she was sent to work with Lang while Natasha and Steve declined and took a mission down in Florida to chase after another drug lord. She should be with them but something was holding her back.

The love of her life Kevin Atwater was keeping her in Chicago.

It had been weeks since they spoke. Multiple times , she made the attempt to call him but she could never press on his name. And he knew where she lived , if he wanted to go there , he would've , to talk to her but it wasn't that way.

They were friends ? Acquaintances ? Or just understood each other and let each other go ? Feds and cops never worked out , they never did.

David Lang was more than cocky and incredibly stubborn , never wanting to hear any input from anyone. She started to slowly tune him out as he spoke to their team.

Damien Mendoza had been on the radar for a while smuggling money for the Zetas cartel but they could never get him until Kylie Rosasles , his girlfriend and book keeper got picked up by the Federal agents.

After David finished talking , everyone dispersed , he then turned to Willow with the look in his eyes. The same look of wanting , desire in his eyes that she only wanted from someone else. She knew he wanted her but he never said anything , he wasn't getting the chance anyway.

And the raid they did later? Didn't go as well as planned.

She quietly walked behind Lang as he spoke to Agent Freddy Castillo , going towards Lang's office. Lang didn't particularly speak to women and Willow was fine with that as she stuck her hands in her all black FBI uniform pockets.

"All that surveillance , how did we not know about the second loading dock ?" Lang complained as they walked into his office. Agent Castillo shrugged , giving him the explanation.

"The blueprints we were working off of didn't include it. Cook County's Assessor's office hadn't updated the files."

Lang scoffed as he stood behind his desk while Castillo stood by the door and Willow stood behind the chairs in front of the desk.