part three

Chasing leads all day to get nothing had ruined Kevin Atwater's mood

Chasing leads all day to get nothing had ruined Kevin Atwater's mood. His eyes stayed on his Sergeant who spoke about the dead end that the unit had went through. The case was more than important to him since he had helped this woman years ago , it was personal and if the case was personal for one person , it was personal for the rest of the unit.

After they were dismissed , Adam patted his shoulder as they walked out.

"You rolling with me to Mollys ?" Adam spoke as they walked to their vehicles. "Got Hermann to get us down for free drinks ? What do you say ?"

Kevin laughed softly. Christopher Hermann was a old and stingy but hilarious firefighter. He co-owned first responder bar Molly's with the McHollands, Trudy and Randy and always refused to give free drinks , even discounted ones so it was surprising that the deal was even on the table. And as much as Kevin wanted to go , he couldn't.

The black detective shook his head. "Sorry , I have to pass tonight."

"To do what ? Come on Kev, it's free drinks." Adam said , starting to beg. "What could you be doing on Monday night that makes you so busy ?"

"Football , in my own home. Alone."

Adam rolled his eyes , unaware of his best friend's lie. "Alright , see you on Wednesday."

Kevin nodded and the two did their handshake before getting into their vehicles. He watched Adam and the rest of the unit drive off when his phone buzzed.

Jade Carter

We have the place to ourselves tonight.

Kevin smirked at the message. She didn't mean it that way but he knew that , watching the bubbles pop back up.

Not like that. Denise isn't here tonight surprisingly, that's all.

Kevin sent her a response back as he smiled. He made his way over to Jade's apartment , the drive made him slowly grow a smile on his face. Once he parked , he dug into the backseat , grabbing a bag before shutting and locking the doors. Walking to the door , his eyes surveyed the area , keeping an eye for anything.

He knocked on her door and leaned against the door frame , folding his arms. Hearing a small squeal , he smiled. But his smile grew larger when he heard the door unlock and open to show Jade wearing a big navy blue sweatshirt and black leggings , white socks on her small feet. Her hair was in a short ponytail , swinging slightly.

She practically jumped on him , wrapping her arms around his neck and pressing her lips against his lips softly. Both of them smiled into the kiss before pulling away. She pulled her body away from his and the both of them walked into her apartment.

It didn't take them long to get him settled down with her on the couch after a nice shower and fresh set of clothes. She cuddled up next to him , into his side as he leaned back , his arms wrapped around her.

Love Lies \\ Kevin Atwater (Completed)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara