part four.

"Stop staring everywhere like you're at work

"Stop staring everywhere like you're at work." Jade complained as she slipped off her beige wedges and placed them on the edge of the pale blue blanket where the grass was. Kevin gave her a blank look. "You promised not to be so skeptical when we did this and now you are glaring at everyone."

"Not glaring , I'm keeping an eye out."

She rolled her before getting on her knees , tugging up her dark blue high waisted jeans to meet her red short sleeve crop top. Her shark tooth necklace dangling on her chest.

"No one is going to kill us Keith."

"You never know."

Rolling her eyes again , she smirked slightly at him before looking away and digging into the wooden basket after tossing the lid over.

"I really like that shirt." She smiled at him. Kevin looked at her with a small smirk and a raised eyebrow before looking down at the dark mustard yellow button up he was wearing. "I would rip it off but we are in public."

Kevin leaned back on one elbow , stretching his dark jean clad legs out. Being 6'3 , forced him to have his boots against the grass. "We don't have to be here."

"But we are. We haven't been on a date in awhile because someone's busy." She teased lightly and he squinted his eyes at her. "Oh don't be like that , you're always busy."

"Coming from the one who skipped out on our Valentine's day dinner ?"

Jade pointed her finger at him. "That's not on me."

He chuckled as she pulled out the green grapes , feeding him and herself one at a time as she sat beside him, leaning against his torso. "You have small hands." He commented with a smile.

"Didn't complain last week , now did you ?" Jade said , small smirk growing on her lips , before biting on the bottom softly. Her reference from the rough night they had last week. Kevin had went undercover for a drug bust and he had infiltrated quickly and escaped with no issues but as soon as he got back from being gone for nine days, Jade had shown him how much she missed him.

Kevin smirked at her as she placed another grape in his mouth.

"Anyway, I wanna play ten questions again." She told him with a smile as he smiled as well. That was their game , it was theirs. Somehow , they learned many new things about each other , it was a habit of theirs to do this. Jade never had something that she shared with anyone else outside of Denise so it was good to have something with her boyfriend. "Who was your best girlfriend ?"

Kevin pulled his head back at her words, practically rejecting the grape that was touching his lips. "What type of question is that ?"

"I'm just curious."

And Jade honestly was. She had noticed before how women would look at him and she looked at him the same way. Sometimes they would stare and then she got defensive and she wondered many times if other women had to do the same.