"Are you entertained by my misery?" he said jokingly, sounding offended. Cameron's jaw locked as he got out from behind the wall and where he was right behind her.

"Very," she responded. As her eyes scanned the buildings, her eyes focused on the reflection of herself.

The crisp reflection also revealed a figure behind her.

She gulped down harshly as she quickly looked away and her hands started shaking violently.

"How's the book coming along?" he asked. She cleared her throat dismissively as she cursed her paranoia. If this was real, she'd rather be safe than sorry.

She convinced herself that she was just seeing things, but she couldn't help think the worst.

She needed to be smart about this...

She could tell Lucas, but what would that do? He was in another state and by the time he was to get to New York, she could already be dead.

She had to be smart about this.

"Uhm...we set the release date in 3 months," she spoke, trying to figure out a plan. From the reflection, she could tell that this man was significantly bigger than her.

She wouldn't be able to fight him off. She took a deep breath, knowing there wasn't anything she could do know. There wasn't enough to help her now even if Lucas could get here in the next couple of days.

She would just have to hope for an easy death or figure out an escape plan if this person took her.

She was drowned in her own helplessness.

But what if she was just seeing things and being paranoid?

She didn't know what to think.

All of a sudden the man on the other end started breaking up and left nothing but annoying static noises.

"Lucas...You're breaking up. Can you hear me?" she said...starting to panic. Just as she was about to yell for help the line went dead and tears started to blur her vision.

She didn't get the chance to turn around or even blink when his large tattooed hand covered her mouth and wrapped around her arms and waist to keep her still.

His hand muffled her choked out sob and scream for help, hoping someone would hear her. Her phone instantly dropped down to the marble floors as she grasped his wrist and did her best to break free from his hold.

She thrashed around in his arms as he muffled her outcries.

She could tell this man was significantly taller than her from the sound of his beating heart against the back of her head. And no doubt that this man was very well-built from the hard muscles that were pressed against her back, providing a not-so-comfortable cushion.

She felt two of his warm fingers come to the side of her neck and he applied the slightest amount of pressure to make her go limp in his arms. She tried her best to keep her eyes open as he applied more pressure causing a straining sensation in her head.

It was like a band was squeezing her brain.

She put all her energy to wiggle her fingers and keep her eyes open no matter how much her head hurt and the strong urge to fall into the darkness.

"Shh, Lilac...just give in. I'm not going to hurt you," a very deep voice consoled, almost like he felt bad.

Almost...

She could feel the vibrations of his chest, rumbling against her back as she heard his voice echo in her head when everything became blurry. 

The voice was velvet but silk. Stoic...yet sultry. Angry and possessive but buttery and smooth. Low and husky but thick with danger.

This was not who she thought he was.

This was someone she had yet to meet.

This person was not here to take her back.

But what was he here for?

How long had this stalker been watching her?

But she couldn't answer her questions as she gave in to the urge to touch the darkness.

But who knew that the darkness would be the one and only Cameron Noctifer Dark?

~

(A/N): Word Count: 1852

How was the chapter?

Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow so you don't miss out on announcements!

Love you all!!