Prozac and doxepin.

Known as depression and anxiety medication.

His face hardened and turned into one of worry.

"Why would you need these, Lilac?" he whispered to himself. He picked a tube that was next to the pills and saw it was used for scars.

Clearly, he didn't know as much as he thought he did.

Just as he was about to go to her office to see what on earth could be worth that much of her attention, he heard the elevator door ding.

She was home early...

He stealthily hid in the crevasse of a shelf that was behind a curtain. He heard the light pitter-patter of footsteps near the closet and the smell of lilac and vanilla drowned his lungs even more than before.

And then it left as fast as it came.

Some time later, he clenched his jaw in impatience as he got out from the corner and stalked to her bedroom. His eyes narrowed as he observed around the room and went to look in the living room. He smirked when he caught sight of her back turned, facing the window.

She was just in spandex and a sports bra and the sweat that ran along her toned abdomen made it clear she just got done working out. Her body seemed to glisten as the lights reflected on her toned legs that had a generous curve at her full ass.

Her arms were defined yet small like the rest of her body and shone with a light layer of sweat. her breasts seemed fuller with the bra that did them no justice liked the spandex that barely kept her rear in.

The smallness of her waist was accentuated with the sweet curves in all the right places and was redefined with the fresh workout.

His body visibly tensed. He couldn't wait any longer as he figured this was a good time to make his move. But then he halted as her phone started ringing and she picked it up with a beaming smile that made his body ease.

"Took you long enough to call," she laughed as she held the phone to her ear.

~

She could feel her heart thump in her chest from the last 20 minutes on the treadmill. She anticipatingly waited for his call and was filled with happiness when he saw his caller ID at last.

"Sorry, love. Had some things to take care of," she heard his deep voice ring out.

Anyone would've been charmed if they hadn't witnessed this man going through puberty. Ariella had and knew he wasn't born with that attractive face that she had on his contact picture.

They were nothing more than friends.

Best friends.

But Cameron didn't know that as the strange man's voice and her laughs fueled his jealousy. he could feel his blood grow hot.

Was he her boyfriend? he thought. Over these 3 weeks, he never saw or heard of a boyfriend.

Even in her file, he couldn't find much.

It was like everything had been erased.

No trace of parents, friends, siblings, schools, birthday, or where she lived before New York.

She clearly had outside help but why?

Why was she hiding?

And who hid her?

"It's okay. How was work?" she asked as she stared out the window. 

"Same old shit," he sighed through the phone. Ariella released a laugh at his audible exhaustion.