✰11. Definitely Not a Love Potion

Key:

(Y/n): Your name

(H/c): Hair color

(E/c): Eye color

Bold italics: Singing

---------------------

"Varian, are you sure this is a good idea?" Princess Rapunzel's features grew more and more concerned at her friend's new experiment. "I know you don't really believe in 'magic', but what if it does work?" She asked in an anxious tone.

"It's fine, if anything goes wrong I have this antidote. However, I know it's not gonna work. It's all just placebo. I'll prove Xavier wrong," Varian carefully poured the magenta liquid into a thin test tube, before handing the small vial of antidote to the princess. "This is definitely not a love potion. It's just hocus pocus." He grinned as he pulled off his goggles and placed them down on his worktop.

"Can you tell me the plan one more time, so I don't get this wrong?" His royal assistant inquired nervously.

"Okay: So I drink this, then you hold Shorty in front of my face, and if it works- I should be in love with him. I am so confident in it not being real; that I'm risking me falling in love with this guy." Varian pointed at the stinky bearded gremlin of a man who was laying on the ground eating a rotten yam.

"Alright, I'm ready when you are." Rapunzel sighed while putting on a pair of oven gloves before she picked up the lumpy man on the floor. Varian took the test tube in one hand, and sniffed the mixture before lifting it to his mouth. But just as he was about to pour, a loud crash came from behind him; and he turned to see (Y/n) clinging to a blindfolded Maximus's back haphazardly. The white horse slid into Varian's desk with a bang and chemicals erupted from the various beakers and vials. The small pot that the alchemist had been brewing the latest concoction in flew 5 feet in the air, and they watched in anticipation of where it was going to land. The pot flipped over and started to descend right onto (Y/n) as she sat upright after being flung from the back of the horse. It clunked on her head messily, as the pink liquid started to drip everywhere. She fumbled around trying to pull it off, and eventually she was successful. Lifting it up, (Y/n) started to splutter and cough the potion out of her mouth and she wiped some of the goop off of her face. As soon as her vision was clear, her gaze landed squarely on a pair of baby blue eyes across from her. She sat stagnant and entranced as Max stumbled around trying to remove the cloth blindfold on his eyes.

"Hah, I told you (Y/n), Max does not know the layout of the palace blindfo-" Eugene sauntered inside but cut himself short when he read the room's expressions. He looked at the mess around Varian's lab, and then his eyes settled on the (h/c) girl who was seemingly having a staring contest with Varian. "Earth to (Y/n)?..." He waved a hand in front of the stunned girl, who didn't react whatsoever.

"Uhh, Varian?" Rapunzel slowly turned to the terrified alchemist, taking off the thick pair of oven mitts.

"Princess it's- it's fine, she's fine. It's definitely not a love potion." The once-confident fellow had an air of uncertainty in his voice as he waited to see what would happen next.

"Love potion?!" Fitzherbert exclaimed; half shocked, half intrigued.

"Not a love potion!" Varian corrected him with a glare. Their squabbling was cut short by (Y/n) finally getting to her feet, and patting off the rest of the pink potion from her clothes. "See, (Y/n)'s fine; isn't that right?" He gave a nervous smile at his disorientated friend. When he spoke to her, she was shaken from her dreaming. A few seconds passed in awkward silence, until a grin spread like butter on (Y/n)'s face - followed shortly by a fit off school-girlish giggling. She stepped closer to the concerned freckled boy in front of her and started to speak through the laughter.