✰6.2 Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo

I stood there, frozen. I had no idea what I was going to do. I only had a few minutes to decide what my plan was, or else the spell would wear off and he'd wake up. Looking to the open door, I thought about just leaving. I mean, there were at least 6 other kingdoms I could try and get a job in. I'll just slip out of here, leave by nightfall, this 'Varian' will wake up and he'll think it was all a dream. I stepped over his slumped body and out of the door to escape.

'Unless he tells everyone and nobody will believe him and he will die alone because everyone will think he's crazy...' I thought as I stopped dead in my tracks, wincing at the idea of someone being called crazy when they're not. Why was I born with a conscience? It's a very annoying thing. Letting out a sigh, I turned around and started to push his limp body on its side, so he would wake up more comfortably. Maybe he wouldn't remember anything, maybe he hit his head and has a little bit of amnesia. Maybe. Maybe. May- his eyes shot open as I was heaving him to his side, and he started to scream in fright.

"Please don't kill me!" He scrambled backwards, but he placed his hand straight onto a few shards of broken test tubes. He flinched and pulled his hand to his front. Gasping I started to make my way over to the injured alchemist. When I came closer, I saw a dribble of blood start to appear around the gash that still had a shard of glass poking out of it. I could see color drain from his freckled face, and he mumbled something like 'ohmygoshblood' before his eyes rolled back into his head.

Unfortunately I didn't know any spells to stop him from falling down, but I did have a good pair of hands that instinctively grabbed his shoulders to stop him from fainting right into the pile of broken glass beneath him. I guess this guy wasn't a fan of blood? I dragged him haphazardly to a wooden chair, and pulled him up into it. Then I grabbed my broom and started to gather the glass in a pile so nobody got hurt again. Soon I saw him stirring from the corner of my eye, and I turned to see him giving a yawn.

"Ruddiger I had the weirdest dream, there were magic brushes and then I cut my hand an-" He explained with his eyes half open, but he stopped as soon as he saw his hand on his lap; still bleeding slightly. I would've pulled the glass out, but I didn't want to wake him up in pain. Then his sight trailed to me, I smiled awkwardly at him while trying to hide the broom in my hand.

"Hi sorry I was just cleaning and you fainted and fell on some glass and that is indeed what happened." I blurted out quickly while he just stared at me. He blinked a few times and then sat up in the chair.

"You know, I don't even mind anymore," The frazzled boy said while placing his palm on his forehead, "I've fought a sorceress from another dimension, and my closest friend used to have 70ft of magic glowing healing hair...this is fine, it's gonna be fine...gonna be A-Okay..." He rambled as I watched him start to grow more disconcerted. Standing up from the chair, he walked over to a small wooden box with a medic's symbol at the edge of the room. He opened it with his one good hand, and a variety of bandages and medical equipment came pouring out of it and onto the ground.

"No problem, I got this....no problem, I got this." He babbled as he rummaged through the stash of first aid stuff on the floor. I stepped over slowly as he continued to mumble incoherent things to himself.

"Do you need any help?" I raised an eyebrow at his frantic composure, did my magic really make him this freaked out? Or maybe he was just crazy in general?

"Oh, help? No no I'm just fine, it's just a scrat-" He cut himself off with a small gag once he caught a glimpse of his messy hand, I don't think this guy is gonna get anywhere with this cut on his own. I knelt down and started to grab a few supplies, while Varian the 'terrified of blood' alchemist accepted that he wasn't gonna be able to fix it himself. I found a tweezers, some cotton pieces, rubbing alcohol and a bandage. I stood him up and took him to the chair again, before pulling up a chair of my own so I could sit beside him.