Chapter 11

Another morning, another adventurous day.

You repeated the same morning routine as the day before.

This time it was much quicker and you found yourself getting out of your room earlier than usual.

You made your way downstairs and headed outside of the base.
The morning dew was still on the emerald green blades of grass, and the sky was clear of clouds.

You closed your eyes and let the settle breeze entangle in your (h/c) hair. It was peaceful.

"Hey, pipsqueak!"

The peace has been broken.

You turned your head to the rough voice of the Captain.

"Do you need something Captain?"
He walked over to you and handed you a heavy pouch.

"Here's your pay for this month."

Your eyes went wide. It was so much money! What the hell would you even do with this?!

"Captain, this is a lot! I don't know what I'll do with all this."

"Well if you don't use it then I will." He said as he reached out for the pouch. You pulled it away from him. You were not gonna let your money be taken away from you.

"You know what, on second thought I'll find something to use it on." You said quickly.

He nodded at you and then started smoking a cigarette.

You walked away and went back up into your room. You grabbed the broom that had been supplied to you by the Magic Knights and headed off to town.

You didn't know where you'll be going. You just knew that you could treat yourself to something.

You finally arrived at Kikka, a town located in the common realm. You walked around, looking at all the different stalls and shops that were open.
Different smells were wafted your way and a certain one attracted you to a quaint bakery.

The bakery was small and cozy and the smells of tarts, pastries, and other goodies were present. You entered the small bakery and were greated by an elderly woman.

The woman had snow-white hair from old age and a friendly smile.
"Why hello dear, what can I get you today?"

You scanned the treats and picked a (favorite treat). You paid for the treat and left the shop.

As you walked you ate the (favorite treat) and took glances at the other stalls. You still had quite a lot of money left.

You glanced over for just a second when you saw Asta talking with a short elderly woman. He handed the woman a pouch and out of curiosity, you walked over to them.

"Hey Asta, what's going on here?" You questioned.
"Oh, nothing much. Just some thief decided to take this poor woman's money." He said with a sheepish grin whilst rubbing the back of his neck.

You only shook your head, wondering how he managed to always get himself in situations like this.

You looked over and just noticed Vanessa and Noelle were also with him, along with that Green Pray Mantis guy from the exams. What was his name again?
Sucker?
Secker?
Sekke!
It finally clicked. He was on the ground rubbing his foot with a happy expression on his face.

Weirdo.

You looked back at Asta, smiled, and said "Well it looks like you guys have it handled here. I'm gonna go back into town and look around a bit more. I'll see y'all back at the base!"