Chapter 3

Y/n put the bucket down in front of the tub that would be used to do laundry. However, Sister Lily and the two ten year olds known as Asta and Yuno were nowhere in sight.

Y/n walked into the church to see if they were in there. When she walked in she saw a wholesome sight.

Sister Lily was reading Asta and Yuno a book about the history of the Clover Kingdom and how the Wizard King defeated the mighty demon that wreaked havoc across the land.

Both boys were entertained and had this spark of determination in their eyes, even Yuno who was terrified of the demon part of the story and was gripping on to the back of Sister Lily's clothes acting like she was his shield.

When the story was over Y/n witnessed the beginning of Asta and Yuno's biggest dreams.
"I wanna become the Wizard King so I can help the church! And Sister Lily will become my wife!"
Asta yelled with enthusiasm. Y/n chuckled at the sight which caught the attention of the three.

"So you want to be the Wizard King, Asta?" Y/n said with a smile on her face.

"Of course I do! I want to help people and make the church and village a better place!" Asta yelled.

Yuno stayed quiet as he was pretty timid.

"Well the Asta, it seems to me that you'll have to train pretty hard. You'll have to get into a magic knight squad first. Otherwise the Wizard King won't recognize how strong you are." Y/n encouraged the boy since she believed that he could in fact become the Wizard King.

Besides, he was too hard headed to take no for an answer. It was however going to be tough for him since he didn't possess any magical abilities.

Yuno had gotten his when he was 6. He had wind magic, one of the four basic elements. It was pretty strong for a commoner. Asta hadn't gotten any magic. No one could even sense a bit of Mana coming from him. Though he still stayed optimistic about it and always said that he was just late getting it.

Everyone hoped that was the case.

Y/n and Sister Lily went back outside after the story to finish up the laundry. Asta and Yuno tried to help as much as possible.

Night had fallen already and everyone went inside to eat some pot potatoes that easily grew in Hage.

Everyone ate well and went off to bed.

Y/n was tired from the long day of chores and knew that she needed to train more tomorrow. It was going to be a long couple of days before the ceremony, and she knew it.

(A/n) Dang! Two chapters in one day. That is new for me. Hopefully I can continue this streak because I really do love writing this story. Maybe it's because I have a place in my heart for Yami? Who knows. Anyway I hope you are liking this story. I'll try to update more but honestly I am very lazy most of the time. But school is over for me and summer break is here! So I should be updating a little more than usual? Who knows. Anyway I'll stop wasting your time with this authors note. Bye!
~Ari