CHAPTER 17

"Yeonjun hyung, aren't you sleepy?"

Yeonjun just shook his head as his way of saying "No" to Soobin.

"Soobin, if Hueningkai comes back, will it scare you?"
"I don't know hyung. I only remember the good times I had with Hueningkai so I guess I'll be excited to see him again."

Yeonjun responded nothing which made Soobin think he doesn't like the idea at all.

"Hyung, you seemed so scared with Hueningkai. Did something happen with the both of you before he went missing?"
"It doesn't mean that we're best friend, you can ask whatever question you want to ask just to satisfy your forgetful memory."

Yeonjun then left, leaving Soobin clueless of why he has gone mad.
"Is it just me or he's really hiding something?"

He whispered to himself. He then look at the door of that room Yeonjun has been restricting him to go to. Now what's with that room?

Beomgyu is now staring at the window of the bus he's riding. Tears can't stop rushing down his cheeks reminiscing all his memories with his younger brother Hueningkai. He misses him so much and he really wants to see him and hug him tight.

The only thing he's hugging right now is a gift that Taehyun gave him, that squirrel plushy that can hear him sobbing, feeling his broken heart skipping its beat.

-Are you already at your apartment Beomgyu?-

He's been stuck with that message on his phone for he doesn't even have the strength  to reply with Taehyun's message. If only he could scream the pain he's been carrying after losing his brother for more than a year now, he will let everyone know his despair.

-Beomgyu, are you alright?-

Taehyun sent him another message.

"Should I reply?"  he asked himself.

He still ignored the message until someone, an unknown number messaged him and made him feel his senses again.

Beomgyu, this is Soobin. I got your number on Hueningkai's apartment before. I now remember you're his brother. Please forgive me, I didn't know anything about the plan. I don't know where's Hueningkai,please spare me."

Beomgyu became confused about his message so he dialed the number.

"Why isn't he answering?"

Beomgyu's devastated voice was heard in his corner that was full of silence. He badly needs to talk to him.

_______
Soobin pressed the door knob since it wasn't locked. The room is spacious and nothing was there other than some cameras.

He went near to a camera that caught his attention. Upon seeing his name written on the strap of the camera, he became curious with it. He checked on the batteries and pressed the open button and it lighted up his curious face.

He scanned what's in it and saw a lot of picture of him and Hueningkai.

"This was taken last year.", he whispered to himself.

He then played a video that was also taken a year ago.

"Wait wait! Is that why you're not answering my message?"
Hueningkai seemed so shocked seeing Soobin.

"Answer me, why are you doing this to me?"

Hueningkai's eyes are now full of anger but Soobin seems to be liking the way he reacts.
"Hueningkai, I have no evil intentions against you. This is just a prank."
"Prank?"

Hueningkai seemed to be very confused with what Soobin said so he's finding it hard to believe his  said reason.

He then patted Hueningkai's shoulder though he's staring blankly ahead.
"Look! We even hid cameras to film your reaction."

He then pulled the cameras over Hueningkai's sight which caused the young one to smirk and laugh out loud. He was pranked indeed. Then the guy offered him a hug which he genuinely accepted for he trust his hyung so much.

He then saw Hueningkai ran and he has no clue about it.

Tears are now running down Soobin's face. Unintentionally, his mind keeps on recalling him that scene he just saw at his recording camera.

"We're just going to scare him."

"Soobin, just go already. It'll go according to plan."

"Hueningkai come back! Hueningkaaaai!"

"Who are you?"

"I am Hueningkai's brother. What did you do to him?"

"I swear you're going to pay for this!"

Soobin fell on his knees. How come Yeonjun denied him the truth? It's a thing that they should be paying now.

He became startled when he heard the door opened. He hid behind the table coz he knows it's Yeonjun. He then saw the wardrobe near him so he went inside it carefully avoiding his movements to make any sound.

"Soobin, have I told you to intrude with my properties?"

Soobin just closed his eyes and Beomgyu's image keeps appearing his vision.

"Who are you?"
"I am Hueningkai's brother. What did you do to him?"

Tears are still escaping his eyes. Though he is afraid, he got his phone and messaged the number he got from a pinned letter to Hueningkai.

Beomgyu, this is Soobin. I got your number on Hueningkai's apartment before. I now remember you're his brother. Please forgive me, I didn't know anything about the plan. I don't know where's Hueningkai,please spare me.

"SOOBIN! GO OUT NOW! I'M NOT MAD AT YOU BUT I THINK YOU SHOULD LEARN YOUR LESSONS."

Soobin is keeping silent not until his phone rang for Beomgyu is calling him.

"Gotcha!"

Yeonjun exclaimed as he opened the wardrobe.
"Yeonjun hyung please don't!"

He said before surrendering go his knees coz he's now feeling weak, scared of what Yeonjun could do to him.