Chapter Sixty

Iris

"You have reached your destination," the GPS sings, as Bently parks in front of a seemingly abandoned warehouse around three. Jonas and Colton stare at me, Jonas squeezing my hand, his and my legs shaking. Colton smiles, nudges my arm.

"Oregon," he says when I look at him like it's an inappropriate time to be happy, before placing his hand on my leg. "The two of you are about to tip over this limo." Jonas takes a deep breath.

"Digamma, B... Mr. Blackwood, check to make sure the building is clear. Colton, your gun is in the trunk." Colton smiles for real.

"If it's not?" If it's swarming with rebels?

"Don't go crazy." Colton's face goes back to normal. Bently and Colton exit the limo, Colton stopping to grab his gun, before storming into the warehouse. About ten minutes later, Jonas' phone rings. "Mr. Blackwood?" He answers, closes his eyes.

"I see, thank you." Jonas hangs up, slips his phone back into his pocket.

"They have found an unidentified device, and are examing the controls now." He closes his eyes. "We should probably go in." Slowly, the six of us exit the limo and walk into the warehouse. Whatever it used to be for, it shows no evidence of now. All the equipment has been taken out, leaving numerous empty, dust-filled rooms. I keep my arm locked with my husband's, not knowing when the next time I'll get to, and not ready to let go. After a few hallways and staircases, we see Bently and Colton arguing around a machine, in a small room with a kicked down door. I would bet a small fortune that was Colton's doing. Jonas clears his throat. Bently and Colton freeze, turning toward what's left of the door.

"Speak," he orders after a few seconds of silence.

[This book has Expired. Aka Juliana abandoned it.]