Chapter 7: The Seventh Year

In the midst of a crowd's cheers, Hai Ruo blew out the candles on the cake, with a clap the yellow light in the living room turned on, friends were cheering and clapping, each vying for a bite-sized piece of the cake and turning to smear it on each other's faces.

Hai Ruo was the first to be attacked, the newly styled hair was virtually covered with a layer of cream, she pardoned this while laughing, hugging DongDong in her arms as she circled the sofa dodging her close friend's attacks.

At this very moment, it was a breezy and smooth spring night, it was also Hai Ruo's thirty-six birthday.

It could be said, at the age of thirty-six, the best years of a woman were almost all gone. At the same time where most women are worried about their husband and children, they would try their best to seize the time to delay the irreversible loosening of the face, the fine lines, the age spots, would worry about their black hair turning white, would be concerned about the curse that no one can escape——growing old.

But once you see a woman like Hai Ruo, you can't help but question her age and the fairness of God.

The skin's so soft that it doesn't look like a thirty-six years old woman at all.

"Live well with your little boyfriend being in your own 'two people's world*'". This man who just made a witty remark is someone who just came back from abroad, when talking he even subconsciously made "quotation mark" hand gestures.

"What even." Hai Ruo heard this saying and could not hold back a smile, putting DongDong up towards her shoulders, waving her hand to say goodbye to all her good friends.

"Ok, DongDong." Hai Ruo looked at the room that although everyone had helped clean a little, but still messy site, "The happy time is over, we need to get to work now."

DongDong also needs to work. People who know Hai Ruo and her cat all say a similar thing——this cat is so smart it's basically perfect, Hai Ruo is also quite proud of DongDong's IQ. Usually at home, DongDong would help out with chores that are within his capacity——listening to this doesn't it sound like a little schoolboy?

Right, the chores he is able to do include arranging the antique history shelf, the bookshelf, help clean the coffee and dining tables, help Hai Ruo get something or hand over some clothing, and, could help spread the bedsheets.

So when everyone else got to know what DongDong could do, each one after the other has all expressed, that Hai Ruo really did not need a so-called boyfriend, "Because other than a husband providing you chromosomes, DongDong could take care of everything else." This year a new mom that just gave birth to a BABY last year brought along her son, "The most wonderful thing is that he won't bicker with you, Hai Ruo you really are a winner in life."

After spreading out the pink floral bedding, Hai Ruo somehow thought of these words, chuckling, attracting DongDong to look at her confused.

"Meow?" Is something wrong?

"Is just that I suddenly thought about, the words that DongDong is my little boyfriend, thinking about it really is true." Hai Ruo rubbed DongDong's fur on his nape, and playfully pinched his ears. "I don't know what dating feels like, but thinking carefully, it should be something like this."

"Like a silken net is my heart, I can't untie its thousand knots nor set them apart*, exactly what kind of emotion is it, I don't know, DongDong. Do you know?" Pulling up the duvet, Hai Ruo patted the space by her side, DongDong glanced over, meowed, jumped up, rolled on the bed, arriving right at her hand's side.

Towards her most intimate DongDong, Hai Ruo had the desire to pour her heart out.

DongDong is smart, understands human nature. This is the consensus given by people who know Hai Ruo's cat, but in truth, this is the result Chu Chengyu painstakingly built up. Let's say if a cat likes to watch television, no problem, this is pretty normal, now let's say if a cat likes to read books, ok, probably guessing that they are looking at the pictures or so, also could be explained.