Chapter 2: The Second Year

Getting awoken by the noise of crackling fireworks from outside the window, DongDong reflexively sprung up, the body's black fur all standing up, from far away it would look like a ball of coal rolling back and forth.

"Ah, did DongDong get scared awake?" Hai Ruo's mouth corners lifting up to a smile, slightly tilting her head, looking at the pet that was lying atop the cotton cushion, "No need to be scared, if you are scared come to me." Said, whilst opening up her arms.

DongDong looked at her long hair which was braided today hanging over her right shoulder, the braid tail hanging all the way to the breast area.

Turns head.

I... I am not a pervert, what burying into the chest, rather not.

DongDong has already stayed at Hai Ruo's house for three months, according to most cat's habits this is the time when they are the most uproarious.

However, no matter what you say, DongDong's previous life was Chu Chengyu ——a thirty plus-year-old man, although his kitten brain and growth hormones are encouraging him to run around the house, at best he would only climb up and down the newly bought cat climbing tower.

Not knocking over cups, not tearing apart the sofa, he felt that he was still quite settled.

Hai Ruo is making dumplings, and has already finished making her portion of dumplings, right now making cat dumplings with fish and no salt for him, each the size of a thumb, there was also some vegetables added into the filling, the dumpling skin being mixed with some milk powder——he felt as a cat, that it was impossible to be a better owner than her.

The dumplings in the pot went through cold water three times and didn't break, in fact still being intact even after taking it out and dipping it in balsamic vinegar, the round-shaped cute little ingots were piled up on blue and white porcelain plates. His dumplings were flushed in cold water, only leaving a bit of warm temperature, getting placed neatly and organized in his red cat food bowl.

Looking at the evening party, listening to Hai Ruo's venting, a sudden thumping moment in the evening.

When he was a human where did he see this type of foolish evening party, the spring festival was usually replaced with overtimes and hiking, it's not even due to wanting the overtime pay, he had small achievements in his own investments, his whole life having wealth and honor, but he had no other things to do to pass time——as well as not having the mood, and the significant other.

But now, he suddenly felt that the intolerable loneliness felt during so many years was a joke.

But why did Hai Ruo not return home? Or is there detachment with home, or?

"DongDong," Hai Ruo raised him up whilst several hosts were bickering, during the few months in this place, his statue has almost doubled, "This year having you being with me to pass it is so great, mom and dad watching you accompany me are probably also very happy. But don't know where aunt has gone for a holiday again this year, there's not even any mail, you say, isn't this too excessive."

DongDong followed and nodded, so she still has relatives.

"Then DongDong and I together need to condemn her, bringing over her Shu embroidery screen is good, I've liked it for a long time." She revealed a salivating expression, "Really want it."

If he was a human being he would definitely → ok ok ok, buy buy buy.

"But, here there is still a need to officially announce:" Hai Ruo lightly cleared her throat, "Mister DongDong, congratulations on officially becoming a member of the Hai family, from now on you are this family's only male owner."