She chuckled at his astounded expression, she could tell he didn't expect her to mock his King.

"Hey, kid, be careful what you say if you don't want to lose your head," he warned.

"Kid? Aren't you a year younger than me? Show some respect to your Noona you little brat!" She shouted back. "Look at this disrespectful rascal! Tsk tsk!"

His brows furrowed, he inhaled a sharp breath as he glared down at her.

"Who are you? Who do you think you are to talk to me like this?" He growled through his teeth.

"Jeez, you're more dense in this world than Gon's Kingdom," She scoffed closing her eyes and leaning her head back against the wall. "I though that'd be practically impossible."

"You..." the Captain started again looking a bit riled up.

"You can go now," she dismissed him with a shooing gesture of her hand. "Wake me up when the Drama - I mean, when the King is here."

Yeong looked furious as he yelled the next words. "Do you have a death wish? I will make you beg for-"

"Aish, go away already, I'm trying to take a nap here," she complained.

A low chuckle came from the farthest part in the room. Tae Eul's eyes shot open instantly her teasing mode gone, replaced with something akin to turbulent relief. If she left a small gasp, she didn't notice, so engrossed she was in watching the silhouette in the farthest corner of the warehouse.

"You..." she whispered unable to utter another word.

His heavy footsteps echoed in the empty space, each step closer was painstakingly slow. She squinted her eyes trying to make out his features in the dark subconsciously raising to her feet and watching to step forward. He didn't really need to get any closer to the light for her to confirm her suspicion as she had already recognized the familiar sound of his throaty chuckle.

He stopped a few steps away, still far enough in the safety of the darkness. Her eyes glistened with unshed tears as she faced the man who had her lover's eyes. She felt as if a heavy weigh was lifted from her chest, as if the worries and fears of the seconds past were nothing but an ancient history, now that he was here.

One step closer and her face fell. Covered in darkness as he was, she was unable to see the gaping scar against his right eye. His unsmiling face was twisted in an unnatural smirk. What she found more terrifying than anything was his dead eyes. One glance in his empty brown orbs would be enough for her to know he wasn't Lee Gon. She had hoped beyond hope that he would find her before she had to come face to face with the Tyrant but as it turned out that was just wistful thinking.

"You really are something aren't you?" He commented looking only halfway amused. "It's not easy to rile up the Captain, trust me I have tried."

She didn't know what to respond to that so she remained silent, waiting for him to lead the conversation as she had no idea what to talk about with him. The man standing right in front of her was not the one she sought and she seemed to struggle with what to do with herself and him from then on.

"What? No bow?" He said raising an eyebrow, looking down at her through his thick eyelashes in that spoiled brat attitude she had loved to hate.

He watched her stare at him for a few moments, ignoring his rhetoric question. It wasn't only her that was staring, he was taking her appearance in too. Her eyes were glued on the huge scar on his face, she studied it for a few more moments. The cut seemed to be deep enough but not too deep to make him lose his eye or fracture his jaw, another thing she noticed was that it was old.