Two

There were very few moments in his life when Lee Gon felt helpless

The night of the treason was one; lying on the cold floor watching as life left his father's body, unable to do anything to stop it. Getting trapped into the inner dimensions of the Manpasikjeok, was the second; waiting all alone as time passed insufferably slowly, trying to fix the past while striving to reach the future was a phase in his life that gave him nightmares still to this day. And lastly, that time at the bookstore, when he had executed all of Lee Rim's men only to realize the true purpose of it all was to distract him from his true plan, which was kidnapping Jung Tae-Eul.

Tonight, was one of these desperate times. He felt completely and utterly helpless as he crossed the intra-dimension again, returning back to his world with empty hands and a heavy heart. He had hoped he'd find Jung Tae-Eul in her world, even though he knew that to be hopeless, he had let himself hope she'd be safe at home, pissed at him for standing her up last night. He should have known better. His words assured that she would not be there, he warned him, that man in black had warned him he was after her. The people who did this to him were very aware of what they were doing, and watching the gate shine in the darkness, while he was tied up on a tree he knew, he knew something terrible was going on.

His words were stuck in his mind on replay. His every waking second was a never-ending search for his Queen. A Queen that might never be his again.

______________

The night of the date, Bamboo Forest, 8:45 p.m.

Lee Gon was making his way through the dark forest, worried about seeing the woman he loved for the first time in ever. What made tonight so stressful for the beloved king was not the fact that it was his birthday or the fact that he'd meet his Queen again, but the fact that he'd once more ask her something he knew was too selfish of him to ask. He was getting tired of this long-distance relationship; it was unbearable even in the beginning of their relationship but as time passed it became even more unbearable.

He wanted to be able to see her every day all day. He wanted to pick up the phone every morning and call her to wish her good morning or text her at nights to warn her that she should only dream of him. He wanted to flirt and laugh and kiss and touch her every single day. The King felt extremely guilty each time he found himself driving down to the police station to steal glances at her. He knew she wasn't her, but Luna temporarily filled the void inside him that her absence left. The weekends weren't enough anymore. He wanted her in his daily life.

Being a King, he was used to getting his way, but he knew with Tae-Eul he was at her mercy. If she said no, he wouldn't ever dream of forcing her. But a part of himself hoped she'd say yes. She'd accept being his Queen in a stranger world than hers. It was that hope that made him dream of the impossible. It was that dream that made him sit down with his trusted friend Yeong and discuss of forging a family legacy that would suit Tae-Eul's persona. Only, that meant she'd have to say goodbye to her father. She'd have to say goodbye to her friends and accept being thrusted into a new life she might even not like. Would she do this? Would she do this for him? Or would she refuse him again?