Chapter 4

(Emily's POV)
Right now I was in the middle of a conversation with Amy. She suggested that we all go to the beach for the summer. Honestly as long as they don't force us to go into the water then I'm perfectly fine with it. Everybody thinks that Sonic and I are afraid of the water but in reality we use that as a cover-up for the fact that we are really mer-creatures.

We were about to book 5 rooms to stay in at Emerald resort when we suddenly heard an explosion outside. We ran outside to see what happened only to find that Eggman had captured Emma!

(Emily) Oh no, Emma!

(My POV)
Why this just a fine how do you do? I had apparently been captured by Dr. Eggman himself! Or as I like to call him... baldy McNose-hair! Anyway it seems that he had not noticed that I wasn't really Sonic. In reality I'm just some girl who took the Blue Devil's place.

Next thing I know I'm being dropped in some sort of tank. I was beyond confused. I mean I know that sonic was afraid of the water and couldn't really swim but I can swim just fine and I love the water. So in reality I would be perfectly fine... I honestly just couldn't wait to see this plan backfire and Egghead's face! XD

The water had almost reached me when I noticed that Emily, Knuckles and Shadow had showed up. Shadow then went over to take care of Eggman and his robots while Emily and Knuckles came to help me. I became confused when I saw the worry looks on their faces. Just then I noticed a blue colored light out of the corner of my eye.

I looked in the direction of the light and couldn't believe my eyes. The entire lower half of my body was Engulfed in blue light! When the light finally faded away I noticed that my legs were gone and replaced with a fishtail... A very beautiful fish tail. I was quick to notice the ruby colored gem in the center of my Tailfin. The tale looks like it belongs to royalty.

At this point I was able to see why Emily and Knuckles were so worried

At this point I was able to see why Emily and Knuckles were so worried. Sonic the hedgehog... is a Merhog! Seconds later I heard a big splash in front of me and I looked up to see that Emily had Dove into The tank. Just then her entire lower half was engulfed in yellow light. When the light faded A merfox tale that looked very similar to mine had appeared. The only difference was that instead of the red gem and markings she had a yellow Jem and markings on her tail.

Just as she and Knuckles had helped me out of the tank shadow had showed up and I was looking at the three of us in shock. In all honesty I couldn't blame the guy considering I was just as shocked as he was.

(Knuckles) Shadow I need you to do me a favor and hold Emma for me while I help Emily out of the tank.

Shadow nodded his head as he took me from Knuckles and then looked down at me. The black and red ultimate life form then looked at me with a confused yet still shocked look on his face. I simply told him how I had just found out about this as I gave him my own confused look. Shadow then nodded his head and then proceeded to follow Knuckles and Emily as we escaped Eggheads Lair.