".." Wooyoung didn't bother engaging with the king who only wanted to aggravate him. He knew if he lost his calmness, the male would already be winning their dispute.

"Well then.. let's not waste any time." The king smirked and drew his sword.

Wooyoung did the same, standing a good distance away from his father.

In the castle, the twin girls watched the males from their bedroom windows. They weren't sure what the outcome would be, but they were certainly terrified. Never in the history of the Jung family had there ever been a duel between two of the family members.

Wooyoung gulped as the referee counted down. For a moment, everything seemed frozen and silent. There was no movement until the referee shouted for them to begin.

Using the skills that San had taught him through their personal training sessions, Wooyoung was delicate with his steps. Shifting his weight in order for him to move quicker and avoid the slashes his father charged at him with.

Wooyoung struck down with his sword, the metal of the two iron objects clashing against each other loudly and causing a few sparks to fly from the impact. San watched nervously, slightly moving forward and prepared to intervene should he do so.

Wooyoung pushed his father's sword off of his own and dodged the man's second attempt to strike Wooyoung across the stomach. With a spin, Wooyoung ducked quickly under the sword that was swung over his head.

Standing up quickly, Wooyoung grabbed his sword with both hands, swinging it diagonally with force to hit the King's sword again. His main goal was to get the weapon out of the man's hands. Fortunately for him, he knew that the King only fought while holding his sword with two hands, which was the worst method to use when their combat was so close to each other.

Wooyoung shifted his weight again, leaning back and almost stumbling while trying to avoid his father's sword. Quickly, he lifted up his own sword and blocked the hit again, using his whole body to propel himself forward and push the King off of him.

It was then, Wooyoung noticed an open spot, hitting the sword away from the King and sending it clattering to the floor. In one quick step, Wooyoung had the point of his sword against the King's chest.

The King glared at the boy when he noticed the sword trailing upwards, and being pointed at his neck.

"What the fuck are you doing? You've already won."

"N-no. I haven't." Wooyoung spoke shakily and the King realized what the boy was attempting to do.

"Seize him!" A few guards stepped forward but San, Mingi and Jongho waisted no time fighting them off. Wooyoung pushed a guard away, kicking him once and turning to see the king bending forward to retrieve his sword.

But he was too slow.

Suddenly Wooyoung grunted and the knights fighting turned to see the King's head on the floor. Wooyoung had sliced his head clean off.

Everyone stood in shock as the King's head fell right off of his neck and the King's body fell to the floor. Dark red blood creeped on the stone away from the place where Wooyoung had cut the King's head.

Guards obsrtved the scene with uncertainty. There would be no benefit to trying to serve a dead king, but they hadn't expected this outcome.

Wooyoung turned to the crowd of people. "I.. am the new king." He spoke, dropping his sword to the ground and looking for San who weakly nodded at him, before falling to the ground.

The prince gasped, noticing the blood soaking San's clothes on his chest and arms. Ignoring the eyes of everyone watching, Wooyoung rushed to aid his boyfriend, removing the knight's helmet and causing everyone to gasp. "What- Where did they hit-"

"I'm going to be fine.. I just.. feel a little faint.." San muttered, "Feeling kinda tired.." He whispered, eyes closing.

Wooyoung looked up at Mingi with watery eyes, tears threatening to fall. Mingi rushed over to pick up the knight out of Wooyoung's arms and carry him to the castle doctors.

Wooyoung looked down at his bloody hands and looked at the people who had gathered to see a simple duel. "L-Leave." He commanded and the group turned to leave in confusion and concern.

Jongho grabbed the prince's arm,"Let's.. go and clean up."

Wooyoung nodded and blinked, tears streaming down his face.

He didn't look back at his father's corpse.

・:*:・

Wooyoung sat on his old bed. His father's previous advisor told the prince that he needed to become King as soon as possible before other kingdoms see his father's death as a chance to attack.

He asked if someone could plan the coronation for him. He didn't have the willpower, not when he didn't know how San was doing.

A moment later there was a knock on the prince's door.

"Yes?" Wooyoung stood up hoping to hear news of San's recovery.

"Your highness.. a servant spoke, we've received news that both Yeona and Do Heejoon have died. Although, they've not recovered the body of your sister, we know that she fell from three stories up."

Wooyoung froze.

"Wh-what?" Wooyoung felt like the world was spinning. Everything bad seemed to be happening all at once.

The prince felt faint. The servant shouted for the male who's vision had become blurry as he collapsed to the floor.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*:・゚✧*:・゚✧