part 26

(Trig's Pov)

holy shit i did it. i asked Billie to be my girlfriend and she said yes and right now she's sleeping peacefully in my arms. i carefully slid out of the bed making sure she wouldn't wake up and walked over to the bathroom with Nitro following behind. "hey boy" i patted his head and took off the padding on my arm. Well it is getting better but it looks ugly as fuck. I gave it a quick wash gritting my teeth as it stung like a little bitch but I didn't want to wake Billie up. Once I was finished I put a new padding and bandage over it.

"what" i smiled as Nitro tilted his head at me and done a quiet bark. I crouched down and petted him and he place his paw on me knee. "i love you boy" and he licked my face making me giggle. He really is my ride or die.

I walked out of the bathroom to see Billie still passed out. "you wana go outside?" i asked Nitro and he jumped up running towards the door. It was 3:30 at night and since it was winter the sun wouldn't be coming up anytime soon. Before Billie came me and Nitro would do this pretty much every week.

"c'mon then" i said excitedly as I opened the door. Once I let him out and closed it quietly we both sprinted downstairs and out the back door into the garden. Nitro was running around in circles and I couldn't stop laughing without warning he pounced on me making me fall back onto the grass and I lay there laughing as he continuously licked my face. "o-o Nit- STOP OH MY GOD" i laughed not being able to get away from him and he finally rested his head on my chest. It was freezing outside, I was just in joggers and a hoodie but with Nitro beside me you forget about all your worries. When you're in my situation you hardly get moments like these, but you learn to be so grateful for them and you appreciate them so much more. These little moments are what keep me sane even if I don't act like it, deep down i'm sane. Just staring at the stars with my dog, my best friend on my chest. It's crazy how i've only had him for just over a year, I raised him since he was born and we've been inseparable since. I'm really glad that he gets along with Billie, like i said before he normally growls at others since he's been trained to protect me so seeing him play with her warms my heart even more which is why I knew Billie was different, why I asked her to my girlfriend.