Chapter Fourteen

AN: I do apologise for the length and the awful cheesiness and dullness at the end of this chapter. I couldn't help myself. Sorry. Caysie. x

Chapter Fourteen

    For a few moments, there was only silence in the room. Ryan had stopped mid-stride, Finlay and Timothy had stopped breathing and it seemed time had stopped. Although the three men were locked in each other's stares for only a few seconds, it felt everlasting. Finlay's mind ran through all of the possibilities that could happen now. Just those few seconds allowed him to run over every fear in his mind.

    Joel dragged himself into the room, quietly, looking embarrassed, and leaned himself against the bench. His location was the same distance between Ryan than it was with Finlay and Timothy. His hair covered his face, making his eyes impossible to read and his expression difficult to interpret. Still, noone said a word or move from there tense states, and it was becoming too uncomfortable.

      Jay waltzed in the kitchen only moments after Joel, contrasting against the sulky shuffle of his predocessor. He didn't take as long as Ryan to notice Finlay and Timothy at the table, and beamed delightfully.

"Hey guys! You okay?" he chirped, happy to see them. Finlay felt guilty. He was so glad to see Jay after his absence, but now really wasn't the time to be acting all joyful.

Finlay glanced at Timothy who swallowed, neither of them spoke. Ignoring the silence polietly, Jay skipped over to Ryan and patted him on the back before asking casually, "I didn't know everyone was here! Why didn't you tell me?"

Ryan hadn't taken his eyes from Finlay's since he had noticed him, he just stared forward with no clear expression, something unusual. Finlay couldn't tell what he was thinking, he wasn't sure if he wanted to know.

"No. No I didn't know neither. Sorry," Ryan mumbled, then whipped his head round to give an over-exaggerated smile at Jay.

    This was really really awkward. Finlay wasn't the one to feel uncomfortable as such, he was more of the type of person who was awkward, though he didn't try to be. He just didn't like people, and others tended to feel strange around him. It was a bonus though, as if they didn't speak to hi, he didn't have to make conversation.

"Well, no you wouldn't have known Ryan because we've literally just gotten here," Finlay flicked his eyes to Timothy who had just told an outright lie from the top of his head.

"Yeah, they came in like seconds before Jay," Joel piped up from the side, his face now showing as his hair had been flicked back.

Finlay wasn't sure if he felt comfortable with the lie. He hated being lied to, so he didn't do it often himself, but he guessed now was as good as any other time.

    Ryan turned his head to Finlay, waiting for him to confirm what the other two had said. His eyes brows were raised, and his eyes were intimidating. Finlay noticed a certain darkness around them that looked like tiredness, like he hadn't slept.

"Yeah, we, er, just got here," he didn't want to sound to confident, but was scared he sounded unbelievable.

Ryan nodded his head slowly and pushed his tongue into his cheeking, making a large bulge grow on his skin. "Why didn't you come sit down?"

"We are sitting down," Timothy stated, too comfortable with the lie.

"We just came straight in here 'cause Joel making tea, we didn't know you were here," Finlay blurted too fast, earning himself a little kick from Timothy beneath the table.