Chapter 13- An Unexpected Someone

Chapter 13

Draco and I walked around the school, shockingly, alone. He kissed me lightly on the Astronomy Tower. It was dark that night. The stars were bright and clear. Draco saw me looking and looked up smiling he wrapped his arms around me from behind me and I leaned my head back resting it against his shoulder.

"So, when?" I asked cautiously.

"Within the next few days." He sighed.

My heart sank. I only had a few days with him?

"Will you have to leave?" I asked quietly.

"Maybe. I mean if nobody knew I think I'd be able to stay, but Alissia would kill me." He laughed.

I tried to smile.

"Hey. Don't worry. What happens will happen. We can't stop fate." He said holding me close.

"Can I help in any way?" I asked, pleading.

"No. I want you to stay out of this." He said sternly.

"Please?" I said, begging.

"If I give you a job will you stay out of the way?" He asked, resigning.

"Maybe. It depends." I said slyly.

He laughed.

"Cheeky monkey." He teased.

"The one and only." I beamed.

"Okay, I need you to stay safe. No arguments." He said finally.

"Safest place is with you." I said sweetly.

He smiled leaned down and kissed me.

"No it's not. And you know it." He said.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah." I said glumly.

Draco held me close. Right now, everything was perfect. We could stay in this moment forever. Nothing could be better. Draco seemed to sense this.

"I love you." He whispered.

I couldn't believe my ears. He had said he loved me.

"I love you to." I whispered back.

***

When I returned to Gryffindor Tower I was in a state of bliss. Draco Malfoy had promised to not let anything happen to me. And I had promised not to let anything happen to him. The only thing that concerned me, was the fate of his sister, Alissia. I frowned thinking to myself. There had to be some way to free her. I climbed the stairs to the dormitory. When I reached the door I stopped. Someone inside was crying. I listened closely.

It was Ginny.

Hermione was saying something I couldn't quite catch, so I pushed the door open.

Ginny was sitting on Hermione's bed tears pouring from her face. I rushed forward.

"Ginny! What's wrong are you alright????" I asked, terrified.

"No!" She sobbed.

"What's wrong!" I said, reaching for her.

She threw herself into my arms, sobbing, not explaining.

"Ginny! Spit it out!"

"I'm pregnant." She howled into my shoulder.

Time seemed to slow down. No, not slow down. Time seemed to have stopped. And then it seemed to fly faster than a Firebolt.

"What? How? When? Who's?" I spluttered.