49 - ♥ Dad is...

Start from the beginning

"You couldn't even fight to save it. The hell I'm gonna lose to a pathetic loser like that!" Soma exclaimed.

'No! Let go of me first.' You thought to yourself and kept pushing Soma away.

"Yukihira... Fine, if you're eager to suffer defeat. I'll hand it to you on a silver platter." Hayama replied.

When the both of you were going back, you pinched Soma's side. "Ittai! (Reader)!" he groaned rubbing his side.

"You Baka! Your pants..." you said then he looked at it and blushed.

"Since when?" Soma asked zipping it up.

"A while ago, I just noticed it while you were hugging me." you said then he pat your head.

"I didn't notice it because you were warm." Soma replied smugly. "Wanna cuddle tonight?" he asked wiggling his eyebrow.

"No thanks." you replied blushing then threw him his coat.

🍽 Exam Day 🍽

"Hey, now isn't the time to be worrying about anyone else!" Rindo said. "After all, I'm the one you'll be facing!" she added. "Well, let's get cooking!"

You couldn't sleep last night so you drifted off to sleep while burying your face on the desk. After some minutes Rindo woke you up.

"(Nickname) they're done cooking." Rindo said then you smiled at her and stood up to rush towards the place where Soma and Hayama was.

You were on the balcony by the second floor watching them. "Where'd your motivation come from?" Hayama asked. "Were you that greedy about your dish because you wanted to survive the advancement exams?"

"The hell you talking about, Hayama?" Soma asked then grabbed Hayama by his collar. "It was all for you! It's because I was gonna make you eat the dish!"

"It was all to make you say it's delicious! To crush you! That's why I've been working so hard! So, I can't stand to see you all distracted!"

You sighed relieved when the clouds went away. "Here's one piping hot." Soma said. "Dig in, Hayama." You saw Gin looked at you signaling you to come down so you did.

You quietly sneaked beside Gin. Hayama took the dish and bit into it. He closed his eyes for a moment and you saw Jun looking down to him. When Hayama opened his eyes, Jun slapped him so he fell backwards on the floor.

"Oh, sorry! Did it hurt? Are you okay?" Jun asked.

"Jun-san if you're gonna slap someone you don't need to say sorry." you said then laughed relieved.

"Why are you here, Shiomi-senpai?" Soma asked.

"I invited her. We know each other from our Polar Star Dormitory days after all." Gin said.

"That was a shock. Jun's never hit me before." Hayama said while rubbing his cheek.

"I'm also your guardian so think of that as parenting. Okay, I'm going to tell you my conclusions after thinking about all that's happened." Jun said.

"What I've really wanted to see is, you enjoying your cooking and devoting yourself to craft with lots of friends your own age. You're still a kid, Hayama-kun. You don't have to feel responsible for the research group shutting down." Jun said.