13 - Shokugeki Legumes

[3rd Person's Point of View]

You went with Shinomiya to the basement. All the alumnus where gathered there; as you looked around, you saw Inui tied on a chair. 

She was wearing a board saying 'only an audience'. She looked at you asking for help which you gladly declined.

'Hmph she didn't help me a while ago.' you thought to yourself huffing your cheeks.

The door suddenly opened revealing Soma, Megumi and Gin. "The kitchen in the basement will give us privacy." Gin said.

Soma was staring intently at Shinomiya, as Megumi looked around surprised. "Huh! Why are all the alumnus here?" she asked.

"They're here to judge." Gin answered. "We figured Inui would be too biased."

"Informal food war during the training camp?" Gotoda asked. "And a student vs. a non-student at that." he added. 

"What will happen if Chapelle-sensei finds out?" Gotoda asked while eyeing Sekimori.

"He'd be furious, I'm sure." Sekimori answered while his arms were crossed.

"If we're caught, I will run." Mizuhara said crouching on the chair. "I'll blame Shinomiya." she added.

"I can hear you, Mizuhara!" Shinomiya yelled. You walked up to Mizuhara as she looked up at you. You stared at her seriously so everyone looked at you and Mizuhara.

You squealed which made them surprised. "Ah I'm seeing Mizuhara-sensei face-to-face. Mizuhara-sensei you're so cute!" You replied as they sweat-dropped.

"Now we'll start this 2 against 1 street fight." Gin stated. "Make a dish using these leftover vegetables."

"You may choose your own menu. But use the vegetables as the main ingredient. The time limit is two hours."

"We're adding one more condition." Gin added.

"We?" they all asked in unison so you jumped beside Gin.

"Tadakoro Megumi-chan." You said then she looked at you. "You will be the main chef." you added smiling.

Soma looked shocked as well as Megumi. "Create the recipe yourself. And Yukihira Soma-kun you'll be the sous-chef." you said while Gin nodded.

"All right, start the food war!" Gin said which made Megumi panic.

"Dojima-senpai! (Reader)-chan!" Soma called out so you stared at him.

"Gin-san agreed to this Shokugeki so you need to accept his conditions too." you replied.

"But-" Soma complained.

"Yukihira Soma-kun aren't you going to trust Tadakoro Megumi-chan?" you asked.

"(Reader)-chan." Soma muttered out frowning.

"Let's say you win with your menu and she survives. But what would that do? She'll just be a tag-along." Gin said which made Megumi gasp.

"Sooner or later, she'll be kicked out somehow." Gin added and turned to Megumi. "Will you continue relying on Yukihira? Here at this Academy, you must prove your own worth. Are you worth staying here or not? You must prove that yourself." Gin added.

"Tadakoro Megumi-chan tonight in this kitchen, you are the chef." You said stealing the line; once again from Gin.

"Dojima-san, I've already decided what to make. May I start cooking?" Shinomiya stated.